Lets fix Forever...lets make a fanedit (of sorts)

Started by eledoremassis02, Sun, 20 Mar 2022, 22:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 20 Mar 2022, 22:34 Last Edit: Mon, 21 Mar 2022, 00:52 by eledoremassis02
**I don't actually plan on making a workprint. This is more of a "What would you change" thread**

I was thinking how in Forever, Alfred asks Batman about brining a sandwich with Batman replying "I'll get drive thru" (His first line as Batman...) could really be replaced with Alfreds first line from Batman and Robin

"Do bring this one back in one piece sir"

It would of brought in the same (if not more) amount of comedy that that scene was trying to enact and would of linked this film more into Returns.

What other changes do you think could be made?

Not sure what Batman's response to that would've been. "I'll get drive-thru" is non-sequitur. I suppose you could clip that line out and simply show Batman stalking away and ignoring the question. But that seems a little out of character for how Batman behaves in the rest of the film.

Also, what exactly are you "fixing"? What about the movie needs to change? What does the movie need to change into? I don't think 99% of fan edits have any reason to exist, tbh.

Thats the fun of fan edits (granted I agree alot arent that great). But the magic of editing does really show how much a film can change (looking at you Michael Mann).

Personaly the Virtual Workprint is my go-to for the film. He dropped the I'll get drive thru line and I thought it worked well (this Batman still holds a little bit of Keatons Batman).

What started this was that I got into a conversation on another forum about Shumacher trying to balance that dark and light in forever, and I do feel this line works better in connection to returns and it seems kind of odd in context as the Forever car got damaged in the Batcave where Returns got damaged in the streets.

I don't actually plan on making a workprint, this is just a general thread on what people would like to change. I though it was a snappy thread title thus the "of sorts". I'm not going to change it though, as it would make these responses confusing.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Mon, 21 Mar  2022, 00:50
Thats the fun of fan edits
"Can I persuade you to take a sandwich with you, sir?"
"I'll get drive thru"
"Do bring back one piece sir"

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 21 Mar  2022, 00:52
Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Mon, 21 Mar  2022, 00:50
Thats the fun of fan edits
"Can I persuade you to take a sandwich with you, sir?"
"I'll get drive thru"
"Do bring back one piece sir"
I like that! Never crosse my mind lol

As Batman drives away, there's a closeup of Kilmer's face. Insert this brief clip (1.31-1.33) as if it's what he's thinking.

Apparently, those glasses are highly collectible today and a complete set will fetch a pretty penny.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 21 Mar  2022, 02:02
Apparently, those glasses are highly collectible today and a complete set will fetch a pretty penny.
Really? I bought all four of those glasses in 2020 for $30. They're all over Ebay.

Quote from: BatmanFurst on Fri, 25 Mar  2022, 13:57
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 21 Mar  2022, 02:02
Really? I bought all four of those glasses in 2020 for $30. They're all over Ebay.
Then maybe the price dropped. I know a few people who sold their sets ten or fifteen years ago for triple digit prices.

Before I answer this question, are you asking what we would change at a script level, or what they should've changed while they were filming it?