Joker's and Batman's age

Started by GothamAlleys, Tue, 16 Aug 2011, 07:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Now thats something almost impossible to figure out, Joker's age I mean. As far as I remember, Batman is around 30 but theres no way I can recall what the source was.

As for the Joker, I always though its pretty obvious visually that hes NOT a young man but someone middle aged at least

I assumed the same, though Conrad Veidt was only 35 when he played Gwynplaine in The Man Who Laughs. While it's a more recent idea that Batman and the Joker are the same age, that may have always been accurate.

Quote from: Slash Man on Wed, 12 May  2021, 07:10
I assumed the same, though Conrad Veidt was only 35 when he played Gwynplaine in The Man Who Laughs. While it's a more recent idea that Batman and the Joker are the same age, that may have always been accurate.
I prefer the Joker being older than Batman because it gives him a slight psycological edge. Being older automatically grants one a sense of seniority over another, and I think that's important with this particular dynamic. Batman is reluctant to kill which reverts him to the vulnerability of his childhood. Whereas the Joker stands before him as a mocking man. It's why I don't believe Nicholson was too old in B89 - he's been around the block, knows what he likes and can believably philosophize about the world.