Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite?

Batman (1989)
42 (56.8%)
Batman Returns
32 (43.2%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 12 Jul  2008, 22:02
Batman's presence is felt in every scene, even if he's not actually in it.  Burton wanted to create a sense of mystique about the character by not constantly following him around.  Also, B89 is about how Batman and the Joker, different though they are, could be seen as two sides of the same coin.  I liked that aspect of things.
yeah but they could've had batman in the batcave not bruce wayne
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Batman the ending alone was better which they should've repeated in batman returns
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Returns was the more flawed film but it was also more fun and scarier.

I respect both films But give a slight edge to Batman.

Interesting that in the original series, all the other films showed Batman in the opening and closing scenes, this was the only one where Bruce Wayne is shown out of costume prior to Batman. Also of all 6 modern films this is the only one without Batman in the final scene.

This one is reaaaaaaally tough for me.  Sometimes I like Batman Returns more, and other times I think the first one is better.  I would rate them both a 9/10... but I like them each for different reasons.  I really consider Batman Returns it's own film and not a sequel in any way.  It depends on my mood... I think the first one is much grittier, and the 2nd has more of Burton's touch-of-the-bizarre thing happening.  I love both equally... I think..   ;)

My guess is that any one of you could rebut these bottom-feeding hosers. Even so, it's a good insight into what an unfiltered YouTube douchebaggery looks like as of March 2012. So I guess in that sense, it's a kind of time capsule.

Had to go with Batman. It's funny, back during middle school, I remember Batman Returns being my undisputed favorite, but the perfect blend of Batman's realism and comic book atmosphere won out for me.

Gee I wonder what my vote could be.  ;)

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat,  8 Nov  2014, 04:39
Gee I wonder what my vote could be.  ;)
Are you able to provide us some reviews of the Batman films Catwoman?

I'd love to read your extensive opinions.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.