What is your favourite action scene in the Burton films?

Started by The Laughing Fish, Fri, 19 Jun 2015, 12:27

Previous topic - Next topic
My favourite is the alley fight in B89, where Batman swings back up and knocks out the Joker's goons one by one while they try to shoot Vicki. The scene is made even better with that excellent, albeit short, dual with the swordsman, as Batman deflects the swords with his fists and feet without hesitation and knocks out the goon with a swift kick to the face.

For my money, the best Batman action scene on film to date. What would've made it perfect is if Batman's dual with Bob the Goon made it in the final cut.  ;D
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I love watching Batsy take out the trash in Gotham Plaza in Returns. Of course my favs are probably the finale, the rooftop fight (til he breaks out the napalm...lol), and the fight where the Ice Princess is being held.

Did someone say fish? I haven't been fed all day....breakfast time!

:P

Number one has to be the opening of Returns, the intro of the Red Triangle Gang and Batman just coming in and slaying them all!  My favourite scene in any film, just super cool and always gets me.

The second time he takes out the RTG too ("Burn Baby Burn!") is also so awesome, again always gets me, and even the ending, Batman coming down that zipline has ALWAYS enthralled me.

As for 89 Im not sure, I love the entire Church sequence, so dark and gothic, and I love how Batman is wounded, adds so much to it.

Probably the rooftop fight sequence with Catwoman in BR.

From the whole series, though?

Possibly BF's gala. Batman jumping through the skylight, fighting the goons and getting kissed by Chase. Climbing the building and jumping off into Two-Face's trap to survive the fire is pretty awesome. Schumacher did deliver a great sequence there.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 20 Jun  2015, 06:56

Possibly BF's gala. Batman jumping through the skylight, fighting the goons and getting kissed by Chase. Climbing the building and jumping off into Two-Face's trap to survive the fire is pretty awesome. Schumacher did deliver a great sequence there.

I love the music when he runs out of the fireball in that scene. "DUUUUUUM! Dum dum...DUM DUM DUUUUUUM!" lol

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 20 Jun  2015, 06:56

Oh man Forever (and even B&R) had some great action sequences!

That one you mentioned is great, the opening to both films are incredible too; gets you right into the film, no waiting or epilogue or anything like that, its straight to Batman and Robin, villain and BANG! 

I love the sky surfing scene in B&R, its just pure fun and yeah, just so crazy but so comic-book too, great opening piece.

I really like when Batman is driving with Vicki to the batcave, the danny elfman music is epic, the scene is dark and mysterious and it just works so well..Its a haunting scene, yet beautiful.

do the batwing/batski scenes count as action scenes? They are my favourites.

I liked the battle with the circus gang after Max talks the Penguin into running for mayor. I liked Batman's "entrance". The clowns drag the shopkeeper out of his shop, do a clown routine on him, chase him, somehow don't see Batman standing right in front of him because that's how good he is and then he takes on the entire gang. Somehow an unarmed Batman can fight that many people and not get killed because he's such an ass-kicker.

In BF a motorcycle gang makes a run for it the instant Batman shows up and that moment from BR has got to be a big reason why.