The Batsuit

Started by Max Eckhardt, Mon, 8 Apr 2019, 09:32

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah, that's the rumor. I want to see it happen, cause it's my favorite combo, but we'll see.

Quote from: Travesty on Fri, 15 Nov  2019, 04:37
Yeah, that's the rumor. I want to see it happen, cause it's my favorite combo, but we'll see.
A good Christmas present or New Years present would be a promo shot of Rob in the new suit, given filming is very close - apparently they're building a cathedral in a shed for the movie right now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CardingtonSheds/status/1207751405215342600

Yeah, I heard about the cathedral. Very cool. Apparently, they're already rehearsing the movie with the cast. We're getting extremely close to shooting.

I can't wait to see the Batsuit and Batmobile. Can't-friggin-wait.

Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 24 Dec  2019, 20:24
Yeah, I heard about the cathedral. Very cool. Apparently, they're already rehearsing the movie with the cast. We're getting extremely close to shooting.

I can't wait to see the Batsuit and Batmobile. Can't-friggin-wait.
Me either. I'm hoping Reeves builds his own Gotham much like Burton and Schumacher. Having a cathedral set is a step in the right direction at least. When I hear the word cathedral I can't help but get excited, as it's probably the most iconic location for Batman fans - especially Burton Batman fans. I have a good feeling about this - go get em' Rob.

First look at Pattinson in the suit.

Sigh......

I hate it.  :(

That helps restore some of my (waning) enthusiasm for this movie. It's hard to know for sure what to think because the red monochromatic lighting prevents too much study.

It looks like the chest symbol is detachable. Honestly, that's a long overdue innovation. From a certain point of view, the chest symbol doesn't serve a functional purpose. So providing a functional purpose is a sort of obvious move.

And yet, these characters are meant to be fantastically larger than life so why does form follow function? Why is that non-negotiable?

Either way, Pattinson looks the part as Batman, no doubts there. But then, I don't think there were very many doubts.

Not what we were expecting, especially given the talk of blue and gray color schemes. Obviously there's a heavy Arkham Knight influence. I think the Batfleck suits satisfied their Arkham Asylum/City/Origins cravings. They're sticking with that videogame template but are instead going with Knight's aesthetic. I can see their logic especially as a point of difference.

As colors said, I wouldn't be surprised if the emblem doubles as a remote control batarang, in the style of Holland's Spider-Man. Batman's suit can be a gadget in itself, as the BF sonar suit proves. In context of a detective thriller, I'm cool with that concept.

Unless I'm missing some other comic reference, the collar is unique to Pattinson, which isn't a bad thing. I also think it's their stylistic way of addressing neck mobility. The cowl itself, when brightened up, has the appearance of being handmade, which contrasts against the futuristic vibe of the armor.

I don't think it looks like a clone of TDK's suit. If anything, even with the Arkham Knight influence, it feels alien to the film franchise, and that's something I'm embracing. A full body shot without the red will give us a better feel. Curious to see how long the ears are, too.

People are saying the emblem is made from the gun that Joe Chill used. It's a call back to Kevin Smith's story he did with Jim Lee. It's not confirmed, but it does look like a gun cut in half to resemble a bat.

Quote from: Travesty on Fri, 14 Feb  2020, 04:36
People are saying the emblem is made from the gun that Joe Chill used. It's a call back to Kevin Smith's story he did with Jim Lee. It's not confirmed, but it does look like a gun cut in half to resemble a bat.
I hadn't considered that, but looking at the image, it's certainly a possibility. Reeves has said the story is told from Batman's perspective. This could be another way of centralizing the story on him, especially as this is Year Two in his crime fighting career.

And the music is Giacchino's. Seems fine so far. It has the necessary darkness and tension one would expect.