Batman Video Game History

Started by Batman, Fri, 25 Jan 2008, 19:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Wed, 23 Jul 2008, 11:51 #10 Last Edit: Wed, 23 Jul 2008, 11:55 by Batman
To make things a little more complicated, I'm on a Mac. ;)

I Found A Website which has a NesCafe (an online NES emulator) section
on it you can play
Batman
Batman Returns
And Then a pirate game called
Batman III- its just Batman Returns with a different title
Fear Me, Im Back

And its
www.1980-games.com
its in spanish or french

but the controls are (seen as my computer translated it)
A Button: x
B Button: z
start button: Enter Key

this thing saves you a lot of time and money (seen as the NES versions are hard to find
Fear Me, Im Back

Sun, 27 Jul 2008, 12:38 #13 Last Edit: Sun, 27 Jul 2008, 13:10 by raleagh
Nice film2game comparison

I used to play Batman Returns all the time on Super Nintendo. It was better than the Batman Forever game on Super Ninendo, in my opinion. And since we're on the subject. Another Batman Forever arcade game was released on Playstation. That game was probably the best Batman game I had ever played at the time.

Batman & Robin was released on the PSX console as well. Although not too pleasing, I still liked it at the time, because it gave you the ability to free roam Gotham city with the Batmobile and Robin Cycle which was also very cool. Did anyone ever notice that about the game? I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Batman: Vengeance, which was based on the Animated Series, was also a very good batman game, with great gameplay. I also liked Batman Begins on Xbox because it had great missions, and gameplay as well. It also contained the authentic voice-overs of the entire Batman Begins cast. I hope they do the same with the next game.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Sat, 18 Oct 2008, 02:12 #15 Last Edit: Wed, 23 Feb 2011, 17:16 by THE BAT-MAN
I still own the following the games:

1989 Batman (NES)

Batman Returns (SNES)

Batman Returns (Sega Genesis)

The adventures of Batman&Robin (Sega Genesis)

Batman Vengeance (PS2)

Batman Rise of Sin Tzu (PS2)

Batman Begins (PS2)

I love playing these games with Danny Elfman's music especially Batman Begins because it transforms Nolan's world into Burton's world.  It's amazing how well Danny Elfman's Batman theme goes with the introduction of the first level and how the Batmobile Chase and Attack of the Batwing music goes with the Tumbler level when playing in 1st person mode.  I also enjoy using Shirley Walker's MOTP music when playing TAS games.

I only have left from my childhood:

Batman for Sega Genesis & Nintendo

Then all I have is the BB game which I still play from time to time just to drive the tumbler!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: BatmanForever on Thu, 24 Jul  2008, 06:59
And its
www.1980-games.com
its in spanish or french

but the controls are (seen as my computer translated it)
A Button: x
B Button: z
start button: Enter Key

this thing saves you a lot of time and money (seen as the NES versions are hard to find

On what page is it on the site?

Batman Lego Is Extra Cool As It Uses The 1989 Movie Soundtrack - fun stuff!

anyone remember a c64 title where robin was tied to a rollercoaster track and you had to save him? - i could never figure out how to do it - guess he got crunched

the c64 movie game was great tho - figuring out the chemical combinations and shooting the harpoon from the batmobile to make turns

wish there was a game for todays systems but based on the 1st movie

Sat, 25 Oct 2008, 05:32 #19 Last Edit: Tue, 28 Oct 2008, 18:47 by batsam
Hi , same as most of you i like burton and nolan batmovies basically , but one game i really love is Batman Forever for genesis and snes , i wonder why no body likes it ,  its the most dark of all and it has that sick-mad vibe that a Batman movie,comic or game should have ,moreover its music fits perfectly into it without re-playing the same ost of the movies,besides it have real characters palying, like the ones of "mortal kombact" instead of cartoon style like all the others!!

about tdk game for xbox360,any news?
i read we'll have it on march!!
Ah, the direct approach. I admire that in a man with a mask