Anthology revelations

Started by batass4880, Wed, 11 Mar 2009, 02:39

Previous topic - Next topic
What are some of the things that you?ve learned from the SE DVD?s that you didn?t know before?

One thing that was news to me was that fanboys were pissed that Alfred let Vicki into the Batcave.

i learned that michael keaton is too lazy to do interviews for the greatest thing he's ever been a part of - big disappointment to me that he didn't take part - a keaton/nicholson or keaton/burton commentary would have been great

Wed, 11 Mar 2009, 03:11 #2 Last Edit: Wed, 11 Mar 2009, 03:13 by Dark Knight Detective
^ Keaton isn't a lazy guy. He just likes his privacy. Besides, he has allowed himself to be interviewed several times.

Wed, 11 Mar 2009, 03:18 #3 Last Edit: Mon, 16 Mar 2009, 23:01 by batass4880
Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Wed, 11 Mar  2009, 03:00
i learned that michael keaton is too lazy to do interviews for the greatest thing he's ever been a part of - big disappointment to me that he didn't take part - a keaton/nicholson or keaton/burton commentary would have been great

Yeah really. You'd think he'd do at least one considering that Jack came out of the woodwork to do some.

Wed, 11 Mar 2009, 03:26 #4 Last Edit: Wed, 11 Mar 2009, 14:19 by Dark Knight Detective
Quote from: batass4880 on Wed, 11 Mar  2009, 03:18
Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Wed, 11 Mar  2009, 03:00

Yeah really. You'd think he'd do at least one considering that Jack came out of the woodwork to do some.

KEATON IS A PRIVATE GUY! WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?!?!?!?!

P.S. - The use of bold typing is all a part of my humor.  ;)

Keaton can do as he pleases. Really, what else is there to say on the matter? The interviews he did back in the day say it all. He'd just be repeating himself.

funny how people start defending him like he's their close friend or something - he's too "private" a guy to do a new interview or a commentary on Batman? - what's he waiting for? - the special edition of The Squeeze to do a commentary? -  i love him too but he could have participated or added something to the anthology is all i'm saying

maybe he's mad he didn't get the same cut as jack

also he was on tmz's site last week taking pictures with anyone who asked at some airport - he's not that private a guy

Why does Keaton have to talk about Batman?

Keaton doesn't owe us or anybody anything.

Batman was just a job he took part in, no different than Mr. Mom all those years ago.

Agreed with The Dark Knight.

Would I have loved a commentary with him, though? Hell yes. A scene-specific commentary with him would probably reveal tidbits that he normally wouldn't think of like "Yeah, that kick? We shot that fifty times and my leg now pops all weird because of how tight the suit was..."

But I wouldn't hold it against him. Keaton = practically perfect in every way.

When asked questions on the spot, he answers. But an interview devoted to Batman? Now? Like TDK said, he'd just be repeating himself. He's said it all already.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

I learned a lot that I didn't know. One of my favorite tidbits is that Knox was supposed to die at the end of the movie. Wuhl was thrilled that they changed it because he thought he'd be in the sequel.

Really, I'm just surprised that WB allowed that much critical stuff to be on the DVDs. I guess the stuff about B & R being bad was necessary because there's not much else you can say about it. But even seeing Billy Dee Williams express disappointment at not playing Two-Face was a refreshing change from the sanitized special features you typically get on DVDs.