Burton to direct Batman: The Musical on Broadway!

Started by Batman, Thu, 26 Feb 2009, 23:46

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.broadway.com/Tim-Burton-to-Helm-Batman-The-Musical/broadway_news/19988

This sounds quite bizarre!
I'll try reserve my judgment, but reading about Tim Burton directing a new Batman project does sound thrilling.

I remember reading about Burton's involvement while Batman begins was in the works.

It's an old story I'm afraid.

Yet it was in Broadway.com's headlines only yesterday.
It would make sense, being the 20th Anniversary of BATMAN.

it says it was slated for a 2005 release date in those stories - why are you even posting about this failed production?

Fri, 27 Feb 2009, 00:45 #5 Last Edit: Fri, 27 Feb 2009, 01:05 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Fri, 27 Feb  2009, 00:32
it says it was slated for a 2005 release date in those stories - why are you even posting about this failed production?

Well, it had to be brought up sooner or later. I mean, come on, it's Batman on Broadway, & Tim Burton was going to be its director! You could not have got anything better than that. 8)

i know it sounds interesting and is worth bringing up - it was just that the original poster made it seem like it was still in the works

or is it back in the works and there's new news?

Fri, 27 Feb 2009, 01:21 #7 Last Edit: Fri, 27 Feb 2009, 01:24 by WingedFreak71
there IS new news but all people can find and post are links to reports that it might be released in 2005???

NOTE: This was a response to someone saying YES there was new news - apparently deleted

Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Fri, 27 Feb  2009, 01:21
there IS new news but all people can find and post are links to reports that it might be released in 2005???

Check out the site I posted. I believe it has the info you're looking for.

In 2002, in the lead-up to the Broadway premiere of Jim Steinman's "Dance Of The Vampires" (Minskoff Theatre) a breakthrough was made. TIM BURTON, the director of the original "Batman" and "Batman Returns", would direct the musical for a 2004 out-of-town tryout and a 2005 Broadway production.

that's the NEWS on both posted sites - old stuff