Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

Started by The Joker, Thu, 4 Aug 2022, 23:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Travesty on Mon,  6 Mar  2023, 15:03
So there's some set footage going around, and it looks like there's multiple Jokers. Not sure what's going on, but it's cool to see.

I'm guessing it's a dream or hallucination in which Arthur is trying to outrun his past. The two people chasing him – one dressed like Fleck, the other like Joker – probably symbolise former identities he's trying to put behind him.

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 23 Feb  2023, 17:21
So the rumor is that Harley isn't Joker's doctor, but instead, will be another patient in Arkham alongside Joker.

Some people are mad, but the first film changed the mythos up so much, I don't see any reason to be mad about this, unless you just hated the first movie. These are going to be Elseworld/Black Label for a reason.
Fine by me. The two can become aquainted with each other without Harley being a psychiatrist. Despite being a major difference  I don't think it makes much of a difference in the end. Arguably, both being patients makes their connection stronger as they're automatically on the same level and thus wavelength. It doesn't diminish the Joker's potential to manipulate her emotions. And it makes a clear distinction between this and Margot's take.

I'm still not a big fan, but I've warmed up to the idea of Gaga in recent times. Madonna is a washed up alien hag whose time is well and truly over. I'm completely okay with Gaga being for the here and now, taking the mantle Madonna had once upon a time. She's the better actress, for one. And I can see her delivering an intense type of crazy that isn't as childishly annoying as Robbie. The still image that was recently released suggests that to me.

Quote from: Travesty on Mon,  6 Mar  2023, 15:03
So there's some set footage going around, and it looks like there's multiple Jokers. Not sure what's going on, but it's cool to see.
Joaquin looks great: meaning about the same unhealthy weight as last time. Running through the streets played a large part of the first, too. With this set footage alone I'm feeling comfortable that the sequel will have the same aesthetic of the original while expanding upon what we've already seen. I'm excited about this movie.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon,  6 Mar  2023, 21:49
I'm guessing it's a dream or hallucination in which Arthur is trying to outrun his past. The two people chasing him – one dressed like Fleck, the other like Joker – probably symbolise former identities he's trying to put behind him.

I wouldn't doubt that's the case. After all, Arthur is a rather unreliable narrator, and showcasing his fantasy delusions in vivid fashion would be perfectly aligned with the 2019's "Joker" presentation. At this point, I'm expecting Sophie Dumond's reappearance to run parallel to this.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

There's new spy pics that show Arkham is on fire.  8)

Another look at Gaga's Harley Quinn.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Sat, 25 Mar 2023, 19:26 #25 Last Edit: Sat, 25 Mar 2023, 19:37 by Kamdan
I'm going to be disappointed if this all has too many similarities to The Trickster episodes of The Flash. It's bad enough that they won't acknowledge its influence for The Animated Series. They're already on that path in the first one with Arthur's fantasy relationship with Sophie and now it seems like Lady Gaga's Harley will be a crazy fan like Zoey Clark was.

Haven't heard of anything pertaining to Harvey Dent, but .....

Todd Phillips appears to be waging war on my reservations about this sequel.

And he's winning.

Nothing I've seen or heard about the sequel gives me red flags. I'm trusting Phillips and Phoenix know what they're doing.

I'm loving all the set pics. Everything looks great.

I love the Harley design.