Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

Started by The Joker, Thu, 4 Aug 2022, 23:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Composer Hildur Guðnadóttir is officially back and has begun working on the film. It's great that the original creative talent is on board for the sequel, knowing what we will receive is wholly legitimate and how it should be. I can't imagine JOKER being the same without Guðnadóttir's score.

I loved the score in the first one. Very haunting at times.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 13 Jan  2023, 11:29
Composer Hildur Guðnadóttir is officially back and has begun working on the film. It's great that the original creative talent is on board for the sequel, knowing what we will receive is wholly legitimate and how it should be. I can't imagine JOKER being the same without Guðnadóttir's score.
Her score is one of the best parts of the first movie, if you ask me. I listen to the score semi-regularly and adore it every time. So, this is definitely good news. I would've been disappointed if she didn't come back.

Quote from: Travesty on Fri, 13 Jan  2023, 14:54
I loved the score in the first one. Very haunting at times.
It captures Arthur's mental torment incredibly. Based on the photo of Arthur getting a shave the tone still seems dark and serious, rather than the one note lighthearted musical people are imagining. I think there will be tonal changes, and they would work a lot better in this context. The Joker character is all about making fun of death, misery and hallucinating a world that doesn't exist.

Ah, nice.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I wonder if this is going to be shot mainly in Arkham? Last time, we got so many spy pics because they shot on location. We haven't seen anything like that, so far. I'm guessing this will be on a more closed set this time.

Either way, that's a cool pic.

Thu, 23 Feb 2023, 17:21 #17 Last Edit: Thu, 23 Feb 2023, 18:21 by Travesty
So the rumor is that Harley isn't Joker's doctor, but instead, will be another patient in Arkham alongside Joker.

Some people are mad, but the first film changed the mythos up so much, I don't see any reason to be mad about this, unless you just hated the first movie. These are going to be Elseworld/Black Label for a reason.

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 23 Feb  2023, 17:21
So the rumor is that Harley isn't Joker's doctor, but instead, will be another patient in Arkham alongside Joker.

Some people are mad, but the first film changed the mythos up so much, I don't see any reason to be mad about this, unless you just hated the first movie. These are going to be Elseworld/Black Label for a reason.

Me either. Differentiating from previous incarnations kinda goes along with the territory.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

So there's some set footage going around, and it looks like there's multiple Jokers. Not sure what's going on, but it's cool to see.