Villains For Batman vs. Superman?

Started by lifesabitch, Sun, 25 Aug 2013, 07:07

Previous topic - Next topic
Predictions? Who's in "The Dark Knight Returns"? That's what the film is heavily based on according to Snyder.

one question is what Batman continuity will it follow? If it's the Nolan series, that rules out two face and bane.

Luthor seems like an obvious choice.

I thought it was made clear by now that this will have (thankfully) nothing to do with Nolan's?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I predict that if this is an official sequel to Man of Steel instead of a crossover film, I wouldn't be surprised if another Superman villain will appear. Unless they do something stupid and make Batman the 'enemy' for the majority of the film.

Off-topic, there are rumours saying Nolan may be leaving the film altogether.

Source: http://www.digitalspy.com.au/movies/news/a509763/christopher-nolan-no-longer-involved-in-superman-vs-batman.html
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon, 26 Aug  2013, 10:09
Off-topic, there are rumours saying Nolan may be leaving the film altogether.
Good.

I feel this will be a Superman-centric film with Batman making an alliance with Supes due to a villain from the Superman universe...kinda like the human representative to fight along side our alien protector. Perhaps Batman has remained in the shadows but feels this is the only thing he would step out for.

As far as Batman villains go - I think they may not use any recently used villains for the same reason the new Spider-man films have avoided them...not due to continuity but because they want to avoid comparison and introduce new characters.

Good points, Paul.

I agree with the concept of a big time Superman villain like Brainiac, I suppose, being a threat to draw out Batman. I also like the idea of business being an angle. Lex Luthor is a big time business man as we know. So is Bruce. If there were to be a Batman villain in the mix, I find the Penguin appealing, where they could play up the business angle further.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon, 26 Aug  2013, 10:09
Unless they do something stupid and make Batman the 'enemy' for the majority of the film.

I'm afraid that's exactly what they'll do. But let's hope not.

I'm hearing banter on the web about The Riddler being in the B/S movie.

Seriously?

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Fri, 30 Aug  2013, 21:24
I'm hearing banter on the web about The Riddler being in the B/S movie.

Seriously?
Bizarre.  What exactly are people saying?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.