Rumour: Reboot may be Batman Beyond

Started by The Laughing Fish, Thu, 18 Jul 2013, 13:01

Previous topic - Next topic
i'm with you guys. i would prefer a batman where instead of trying to escape the cape at every turn he more sees "normal life" as bruce wayne as nothing more than a waste of time that could be spent even better in his fight against crime. its like i said in another post about chris nolan's way of trying to say anyone could be batman. bruce wayne isn't batman. batman is bruce wayne.

does that make any sense at all or are you all looking at me sideways now? lol.

and a batman beyond movie would be awesome! as long as they went futuristicky and sh*t instead of it just being "oh everything looks like it does today except bruce wayne is retired and this guy named terry mcguiness is wearing the suit now."

QuoteHe is not the most reliable source (nor do I take his opinion seriously), so I really doubt that this show will be adapted into a feature film; nevermind it being a reboot. Wasn't he the one who made up that rumour about Bale and Nolan coming back for the Justice League?
Actually, that was El Mayimbe at Latino Review who first reported it.  Jett backed him up on it.

As for the rumor- I doubt it's true (not to turn this into a "Bash Jett" thread, but the last time that I recall his site having a legitimate scoop was the casting of Tim Booth as Mr. Zsasz back in Batman Begins.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). 

The closest we may get to a future Batman Beyond movie is another DCAU straight-to-DVD/Blu-ray feature, but this also seems unlikely since DC Animation seems to be more focused on doing adaptations of major comic storylines than on resurrecting any of Bruce Timm and company's old shows.

If they HAD to do Batman Beyond in live action, my favorite idea would be what Silver Nemesis proposed in another thread: have Adam West return as Bruce Wayne.  He's the perfect age for it, you wouldn't have to put makeup on him like you would with the other Batman actors, and he's arguably tied to the Batman role in the public consciousness more than anyone else.  Tying it into the 1960s show would also fit right in with the current resurgence of the show in the comics and merchandising (with possibly, finally, a release of the series on DVD, if those rumors are true.  See that thread for more details).

But of course, this is even less likely to happen than another animated Batman Beyond film, especially with DC plans to build a cinematic universe.  With the door officially shut on the Nolan trilogy, it's time to see a new, traditional, contemporary Batman to tie into Man of Steel and the future Justice League movie.  Reusing a past Batman actor, from West to Bale, for Batman Beyond wouldn't fit with that and the idea that Jett proposed, jumping forward in time and showing the future of the Batman from the same DC Cinematic Universe continuity, doesn't sound very appealing.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Fri, 19 Jul 2013, 14:38 #12 Last Edit: Fri, 19 Jul 2013, 14:44 by Gotham Knight
I think, as much as I've come to accept (and enjoyably so) Nolan's movies, what continually frustrates me, and what was probably at the heart of my rampant Nolanphobia, was (and is) what happens around the movies rather than what happens in them. Overzealous fan base killed me during their run, snotty pretentions over did their importance to cinema, now the folly continues with what to do now that the studio, Nolan, and his acolytes refuse to allow the Nolan universe to be touched by outsiders, even for the benefit of a broader world in which other DC properties can thrive. The inability to use the already established character will once again stagger and cripple DC's ability to compete with Marvel. Hence this Beyond concept. Smart yes, to try and distance yourself from Wayne so that the audience might assume that it takes place in the Nolan universe without committing high treason against the almighty one by outwardly establishing a connection. It takes some of the pressure off those who deem it unfathomable that Bale Wayne might have to coexist with lesser creations.

But, even assuming it goes full reboot, does anyone think for one second that the faithful aren't going to slash this BATMAN BEYOND idea (or any other) to bits if it gets passed formula. These are the same people that wanted Joker retired forever. Nolan is God. Batman is dead (we all know that was the intention. Alfred's eyes are going bad from acute alcoholism) and this martyrdom is not at all pretentious its art house and its the best thing ever, forever, not to be tarnished by cohabitation or reinvention. You aren't going to get the Spider-Man reboot fast track here. If anything any JLA movie will only vaguely reference Batman to keep harmony. You might see him represented by one of the bat clan. But don't look for any major Batman outings for a long while.

I once said in a post a long time ago on here: Congratulations DC. BATMAN and SUPERMAN; all you'll ever have. Now I guess it's just Superman. DC has shot itself in the foot. It's one good leg stands on a man of steel. Hope they find a way. And I hope it was all worth indulging a gang of psychopaths.

This BB thing is just the first of what I'm sure will be many ideas to find a way to get the Batman identity into a JLA concept.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri, 19 Jul  2013, 14:38
I think, as much as I've come to accept (and enjoyably so) Nolan's movies, what continually frustrates me, and what was probably at the heart of my rampant Nolanphobia, was (and is) what happens around the movies rather than what happens in them. Overzealous fan base killed me during their run, snotty pretentions over did their importance to cinema, now the folly continues with what to do now that the studio, Nolan, and his acolytes refuse to allow the Nolan universe to be touched by outsiders, even for the benefit of a broader world in which other DC properties can thrive. The inability to use the already established character will once again stagger and cripple DC's ability to compete with Marvel. Hence this Beyond concept. Smart yes, to try and distance yourself from Wayne so that the audience might assume that it takes place in the Nolan universe without committing high treason against the almighty one by outwardly establishing a connection. It takes some of the pressure off those who deem it unfathomable that Bale Wayne might have to coexist with lesser creations.

But, even assuming it goes full reboot, does anyone think for one second that the faithful aren't going to slash this BATMAN BEYOND idea (or any other) to bits if it gets passed formula. These are the same people that wanted Joker retired forever. Nolan is God. Batman is dead (we all know that was the intention. Alfred's eyes are going bad from acute alcoholism) and this martyrdom is not at all pretentious its art house and its the best thing ever, forever, not to be tarnished by cohabitation or reinvention. You aren't going to get the Spider-Man reboot fast track here. If anything any JLA movie will only vaguely reference Batman to keep harmony. You might see him represented by one of the bat clan. But don't look for any major Batman outings for a long while.

I once said in a post a long time ago on here: Congratulations DC. BATMAN and SUPERMAN; all you'll ever have. Now I guess it's just Superman. DC has shot itself in the foot. It's one good leg stands on a man of steel. Hope they find a way. And I hope it was all worth indulging a gang of psychopaths.

This BB thing is just the first of what I'm sure will be many ideas to find a way to get the Batman identity into a JLA concept.

Open mouth and insert foot. Batman Vs Superman is on.

Hey, GK, if it makes you feel any better- Jett, who got the "scoop," probably feels the most embarrassed out of anyone right now...
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 00:58
Hey, GK, if it makes you feel any better- Jett, who got the "scoop," probably feels the most embarrassed out of anyone right now...
Heheh, exactly.

A Snyder designed Batman, especially based on his MOS Krypton and such, does excite me.

hah thanks. And yeah, the idea that the MOS sequel will be used primarily as a team up is great. Now if only they go for an established, older Batman. The slickery 30 somethings are getting on my nerves.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 17:24hah thanks. And yeah, the idea that the MOS sequel will be used primarily as a team up is great. Now if only they go for an established, older Batman. The slickery 30 somethings are getting on my nerves.
Superman is just a rookie in MOS. Batman therefore should be even newer.

Sun, 21 Jul 2013, 21:44 #18 Last Edit: Sun, 21 Jul 2013, 21:49 by Gotham Knight
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 19:51
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 17:24hah thanks. And yeah, the idea that the MOS sequel will be used primarily as a team up is great. Now if only they go for an established, older Batman. The slickery 30 somethings are getting on my nerves.
Superman is just a rookie in MOS. Batman therefore should be even newer.

Sure if you go by the literal chronology...everybody knows that, but who says that has to be case in every iteration? Just thought I put forward an alternative idea considering the idealist versus realist might be more interesting if we have a fresh less worldy Superman and a grizzled hardened Batman suffering from experience.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 21:44Sure if you go by the literal chronology...but who says that has to be case in every iteration? Sorry..I guess
As there's never been a shared live action universe on screen before, I'm saying it.