Rumour: Reboot may be Batman Beyond

Started by The Laughing Fish, Thu, 18 Jul 2013, 13:01

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt, since it's coming from that guy from Batman-On-Film; from what I read he comes across as biased for his views on Batman movies (maybe a studio plant?).

I've never given the show a proper chance, but the concept about an elderly Bruce Wayne training a rebellious kid, who if I'm not mistaken turns out to be Wayne's younger clone, never appealed to me. It would have to take great casting and some vision if a project like this could ever get me on board. And besides, how would this work in a future Justice League movie with the current Superman?

BATMAN BEYOND A Reboot Possibility for Batman on Film?
July 17, 2013

BOF has heard some whispers that an adaptation of the animated TV series BATMAN BEYOND is on the table when it comes to the upcoming Batman on film reboot.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN-REBOOTED_rumor_Batman-Beyond-reboot-possibility_7-17-13.html
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Yeah. I like Beyond as a cartoon series but I'd rather it stay as that, to be honest.

That guy who runs that site also heard Bale was coming back.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 18 Jul  2013, 13:40
Yeah. I like Beyond as a cartoon series but I'd rather it stay as that, to be honest.

He is not the most reliable source (nor do I take his opinion seriously), so I really doubt that this show will be adapted into a feature film; nevermind it being a reboot. Wasn't he the one who made up that rumour about Bale and Nolan coming back for the Justice League?

I'm trying to imagine how this would look like as a movie. Since the show was based in the future, I'd imagine we would have a lot of high-tech, sci-fi elements e.g. the Batsuit would resemble something like an Iron Man-type of armor. The villains would be nobody from the real Batman's rogue gallery. Meh, not feeling it. ::)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu, 18 Jul  2013, 13:57
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 18 Jul  2013, 13:40

He is not the most reliable source (nor do I take his opinion seriously), so I really doubt that this show will be adapted into a feature film; nevermind it being a reboot. Wasn't he the one who made up that rumour about Bale and Nolan coming back for the Justice League?

I'm trying to imagine how this would look like as a movie. Since the show was based in the future, I'd imagine we would have a lot of high-tech, sci-fi elements e.g. the Batsuit would resemble something like an Iron Man-type of armor. The villains would be nobody from the real Batman's rogue gallery. Meh, not feeling it. ::)
I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I still feel the definitive version of the 'proper' Batman has yet to be done onscreen, so like Laughing Fish, I'm not feeling this.

Plus, like he states the source comes from the 'other' Batman site... ::)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

A Batman Beyond movie may work INBETWEEN franchises, but not if you are trying to world build a new larger franchise...unless it ties into past events that we have yet to see.

It seems like another rumour to get Bale back as Batman in some capacity to me...and that doesn't just sit well. Do audiences want to watch another movie where Bruce Wayne either doesn't want to be or isn't Batman? I know I've had my fill.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Thu, 18 Jul  2013, 17:39
It seems like another rumour to get Bale back as Batman in some capacity to me...and that doesn't just sit well. Do audiences want to watch another movie where Bruce Wayne either doesn't want to be or isn't Batman? I know I've had my fill.

F-ing eh, Paul, f-ing ehhh!

I'm very skeptical about this. Maybe if it was still 1999 or the early 2000s I'd believe it but too much time has gone by for Batman Beyond to still be important to the people at WB to consider making a movie out of Batman Beyond.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 18 Jul  2013, 18:38
Quote from: Paul (ral) on Thu, 18 Jul  2013, 17:39

F-ing eh, Paul, f-ing ehhh!
Well said, Paul.

Batman rides off into the night "because he can take it"
He actually went home to chill for eight years.
He comes back to fight Bane.
He is bashed and put in a pit.
He escapes and becomes Batman again.
He retires again.
He's back years later helping out a new Batman.

Nah. I've had enough of that stuff.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 18 Jul  2013, 23:57Well said, Paul.

Batman rides off into the night "because he can take it"
He actually went home to chill for eight years.
He comes back to fight Bane.
He is bashed and put in a pit.
He escapes and becomes Batman again.
He retires again.
He's back years later helping out a new Batman.

Nah. I've had enough of that stuff.
Don't forget that he was looking for an excuse to quit all during TDK.