tv show instead of more movies?

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 18 Mar 2013, 06:55

Previous topic - Next topic
instead of rebooting the movies AGAIN why not make a batman tv series? one that is more like the cartoon in like attitude or mood or whatever the f*** i'm trying to say lol, only live action.

I'd like a live action TV series too, but only if the budget is big enough to guarantee a quality show. I wouldn't like it to copy that Arrow TV show, which from what I've watched so far it has decent production but mediocre, almost soap opera-like acting.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

TV show - 1960s
TV show - BTAS

In both TV approaches (live action and animated) they've nailed it. It may sound narrow minded but I don't think they're going to beat that one-two punch. But if they could get a good product, and it came out every week, well boy, that would be exciting.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 18 Mar  2013, 12:43
TV show - 1960s
TV show - BTAS

In both TV approaches (live action and animated) they've nailed it. It may sound narrow minded but I don't think they're going to beat that one-two punch. But if they could get a good product, and it came out every week, well boy, that would be exciting.

But in the last 50 years, the comics have changed quite a bit. Definitely a dark crime-drama could be feasible the way Arrow does in a grounded manner. The advantage to a tv show over a movie is being able to have re occuring villains the way the Adam West show did. It's also easier to fit comic storylines into TV storylines vs movies.