What's your JLA lineup?

Started by BatmAngelus, Sat, 16 Mar 2013, 20:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Tue, 9 Apr 2013, 01:08 #10 Last Edit: Tue, 9 Apr 2013, 01:21 by The Laughing Fish
@ Silver Nemesis

Good point about how WB/DC should hire unproven, young actors like Kenneth Branagh hired Chris Hemsworth as Thor. But I doubt they have the vision or the courage to do that. I can just imagine if this unlikely rumor about Cooper coming true, he'd probably play the same douche like he was in that awful Hangover.  >:(

@ The Dark Knight

I'm starting to agree with a few people that maybe it would be safer to have a 'Trinity'-type movie instead of a JL one. :-X
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue,  9 Apr  2013, 01:08
@ The Dark Knight

I'm starting to agree with a few people that maybe it would be safer to have a 'Trinity'-type movie instead of a JL one. :-X
It's also best to get what you present on screen right. It's all well and good to have 5, 6, 7 heroes on screen - but if they're shortchanged and in the vein of Ryan Reynolds...I'll give it a miss.

Batman, Supes, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman and Zatanna.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed, 19 Jun  2013, 06:07

Totally off-topic : Ed, who's the gal in the Batman bathing suit ? She looks great !
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

^ I think that's Jerry Hall, who played Grissom's girl Alicia back in '89.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

QuoteShe looks great !

She didn't ask.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue, 25 Jun  2013, 15:27
QuoteShe looks great !

She didn't ask.

;D

It' a great sig because it combines Batman '89 apparel with a character from the film in a presumably unrelated context, and of course a hot woman in a bathing costume which rarely needs an excuse. :P

As for a JLA movie I agree with those posters calling for unknowns to play the main team.  Even if Warners must cast 'stars' I just hope it's not smirking, semi-ironic, cheese-monkeys like Bradley Cooper and Ryan Reynolds, who I personally think has done a pretty poor job in all three comic-book movies he has so far appeared in (Blade Trinity, Wolverine and Green Lantern), although admittedly he wasn't to blame for the poor script and direction that afflicted all three of these films.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern -- Preferably Hal, but I think they'd end up using Stewart, both for diversity and because the Reynolds film underperformed.
The Flash

Admittedly, it's a small list but that's because I think the first film shouldn't be overcrowded with characters. Plus, it gives the franchise room to grow, by adding Aquaman and Martian Manhunter to the sequels before inevitably getting to second-stringers like the Atom, Red Tornado, etc.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed, 19 Jun  2013, 06:07
For an initial JLA film that's a decent line-up.  No Martian Man-Hunter though?  And how about Green Arrow who I always think adds an interesting dynamic with his more liberal philosophy.  He makes a decent contrast against the more reactionary Hawk-Man who should also be part of a future line-up.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I like J'onn but I think he's too difficult to be properly shown in live-action.

If we have Green Lantern, I think Green Arrow would be in surplus.

And I've never been the biggest fan of Hawkman or Hawkgirl, I much prefer characters like Aquaman and Zatanna.  :)