Nolan & Bale Back?

Started by BatmAngelus, Mon, 4 Mar 2013, 03:13

Previous topic - Next topic
Not that this was your real point but...
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Sat, 10 Aug  2013, 05:32
QuoteSources close to Christian Bale have reportedly begun expressing their suspicions that Bale now views the Batman films in the same light that Robert Downey, Jr. views the Iron Man films.
I'm not sure what to make of this. What has Downey started thinking about the Iron Man movies?

I could be wrong, I'm making a guess here.

I think it means Downey Jr has pretty much expressed he's done with solo Iron Man movies, but he's signed up for roles in The Avengers movies.

Bale could view his Batman role in a team-up film as this. Add-ons.

I am so totally sick of Nolan and Bale. That smoker's voice as Batman irritated the hell out of me, and quite frankly, I don't buy him as Bruce Wayne. Anyone could pull off his performance. Nothing new or revolutionary. I'm tired of all the seriousness, oh, excuse me, pretentiousness. Enough's enough! I enjoyed Nolan's new take. It was exactly what I wanted at the time. Now, I'm over it. I'm tired of walking out of the theater feeling depressed.

Quote from: lifesabitch on Sat, 10 Aug  2013, 15:25
I'm tired of all the seriousness, oh, excuse me, pretentiousness.
Good choice of words. I've been watched BTAS all over again, and they handled things very effectively. Sure, it's an animated show which had to be regulated to a set audience - but it's a balanced interpretation of Batman. We get darkness, sadness, Bruce the businessman, Bruce undercover, fun and escapism. That's also at the benefit of episode after episode of room - but there's no reason another series can't take this spirit.