Nolan & Bale Back?

Started by BatmAngelus, Mon, 4 Mar 2013, 03:13

Previous topic - Next topic

The thing is, to make this JLA venture work, they'll have to do what Marvel did and embrace the fact that it's based on a comic book. Instead all the DC ventures this century save for green lantern have acted as though they are ashamed they're basing it on a comic. I'm not convinced Nolan is willing to do this. The sad thing is I could actually picture him trying to do what Silver Nemesis posted; bring some science into the green lantern, reduce the flash to merely being kind of fast etc.

I actually would rather the Shumacher Batman in this vehicle. At least he isn't afraid to entertain.

WB denies the rumors:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/04/11/man-of-steel-dc-comics-superhero-movies/

QuoteWhen asked if The Dark Knight trilogy of films stands entirely alone, Robinov said: "They do. Or they did," with a change of tense that should rouse the attention of fanboys everywhere. "Where we go in the future is a whole other conversation."
However, Robinov was unequivocal when asked if the rumor is true that Nolan will produce a Justice League movie, and bring Christian Bale back with him: "No, no it's not." (Nolan's reps, who have previously declined to comment on that rumor, also confirmed Robinov's statement and told EW that he definitely wasn't involved with Justice League. Nolan is currently busy prepping his sci-fi film Interstellar.)
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

QuoteHowever, Robinov was unequivocal when asked if the rumor is true that Nolan will produce a Justice League movie, and bring Christian Bale back with him: "No, no it's not."

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

WB denies the rumours?

Thank goodness for that.

Now that rumor has been laid to rest, I wonder if the WB president is actually serious about the studio laying the groundwork of attempting a film universe, or are they just blowing smoke and we'll only get the usual name droppings like in the past i.e. Metropolis being mentioned in Forever? We'll see.

QuoteRUMOR: Is Charlie Hunnam The Flash Or John Constantine?
CHUD.com has a hunch that "Sons of Anarchy" and "Pacific Rim" actor Charlie Hunnam may be up for two very different roles from one company of characters. Those two roles? The Flash in "Justice League" and John Constantine in "Justice League Dark." An inside source has told CHUD.com that both director Guillermo Del Toro and Warner Bros. are very interested in working with the actor on approximately one million projects.
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/04/11/charlie-hunnam-flash-john-constantine/
Oh great, they are actually greenlighting a Justice League Dark film before the proper one gets it?  ::)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 13 Apr  2013, 01:18

Oh great, they are actually greenlighting a Justice League Dark film before the proper one gets it?  ::)

I read some commentary once that suggested the reason the "minor" characters keep getting films (Constantine, Jonah Hex, etc.) is that they don't spark heated debates in the halls of WB. Bring up the idea of a Wonder Woman film and you'll get a variety of opinions as to the proper approach. But tell them you want to make a Jonah Hex film and the most common response will be "Who?"

Quote from: phantom stranger on Sat, 13 Apr  2013, 02:26
I read some commentary once that suggested the reason the "minor" characters keep getting films (Constantine, Jonah Hex, etc.) is that they don't spark heated debates in the halls of WB. Bring up the idea of a Wonder Woman film and you'll get a variety of opinions as to the proper approach. But tell them you want to make a Jonah Hex film and the most common response will be "Who?"
If that's true then it only vindicates how much I believe that WB are responsible for holding back DC Comics.  >:(

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 13 Apr  2013, 02:31
Quote from: phantom stranger on Sat, 13 Apr  2013, 02:26
If that's true then it only vindicates how much I believe that WB are responsible for holding back DC Comics.  >:(

Yea, what's funny is that Marvel gets a lot of credit for doing things the "right way" when really their track record hasn't been perfect. They've just done a good enough job of giving the fans what they want that we're willing to overlook the occasional mediocre film.

To be really honest I found the Marvel movies to be very good. I only found Iron Man 2 to be the real black sheep of the bunch. I'd take a MCU film over any DC based film made in the last eight years any day.