Darren Aronofsky in the running to helm The Batman...again?

Started by Paul (ral), Wed, 30 Jan 2013, 14:18

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm not sure I'd want Aronofsky directing the next film. Although I do quite like this fan trailer.

Never thought I'd hear this guy's name again.

I don't have a problem with whoever takes over so long as it's actually good. I imagine back in 1988 Tim Burton was probably the last guy you thought could make Batman with movies such as Pee Wee's Big Adventure. So I won't hold Black Swan against Darren Aronofsky (what a name, Batman directors need to have snazzy names! lol).

I do remember his ideas being reported in 2002 or so and I can't say I was thrilled. His concept of more of a "Bruce Wayne" movie done in the style of The French Connection without featuring either Batcaves or Batmobiles or even Batsuits of any kind was highly worrying to me. I was so relieved when Nolan came in and not only gave us the origin stuff and original concepts but also the whole shebang of what Batman should be (cool car, gadgets and secret bases).

He's too similar to Nolan for me. I'm not really thrilled about the thought of more Nolan-esque Batman movies.

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 31 Jan  2013, 05:22
He's too similar to Nolan for me. I'm not really thrilled about the thought of more Nolan-esque Batman movies.

what type of movies would you like?

more in the mould of burton than nolan OR just a completely fresh approach?

Quote from: Batman999 on Fri, 29 Mar  2013, 19:24
Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 31 Jan  2013, 05:22

what type of movies would you like?

more in the mould of burton than nolan OR just a completely fresh approach?
I'd like a fresh approach. But if I had to choose from the two of those choices, I would want it to be closer to Burton's aesthetic, but I wouldn't want a carbon copy of it, either. Nolan's approach was just too boring. I live in Chicago, and every time I watch TDK, it doesn't feel like Gotham to me, it just looks like a cleaner version Chicago. Which is kinda odd, seeing as Gotham should be a dark and grimy city, not an even cleaner version of the city where you're filming in.

Sat, 30 Mar 2013, 21:01 #7 Last Edit: Sat, 30 Mar 2013, 21:07 by BatmanFanatic93
I know people are gonna disagree with me on this but presonally i think wb should give batman a rest for a couple of years and do other dc live action movies or just other movies for a change i mean don't get me wrong as big as a batman fan i am i think the batman movie craze should take a rest i mean the games are fine such as the arkham series (they just left possibilites for a third one and possibly more) but the movies however are just overrated now and days and i much rather see other dc characters have a go at the movies such as the flash,wonder woman,martian manhunter,or even bizarro cause marvel have most of their superheroes and villains on the big screen and they already done the avengers so i really think they should give batman a rest for awhile until someone can make a batman movie that can fit/appear well in a justice league movie  :P
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

^BatmanFanatic93

You do make a good point about how the other DC characters should have their own films. The problem is WB don't seem to have any clue on how to make them. They have no sense of vision like Marvel Studios; WB tries to either change characters to make them look almost unrecognizable (like Batman and Green Arrow), or they lack the creativity to create an intriguing or original story (like Green Lantern, which although I didn't hate the film like most people, I still found it to be rather mediocre).

Honestly I'm beginning to think that WB are a curse on DC Comics. It makes me wonder what could happen if DC were more independent and had their own movie studio like Marvel does.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 31 Mar  2013, 04:00
^BatmanFanatic93

You do make a good point about how the other DC characters should have their own films. The problem is WB don't seem to have any clue on how to make them. They have no sense of vision like Marvel Studios; WB tries to either change characters to make them look almost unrecognizable (like Batman and Green Arrow), or they lack the creativity to create an intriguing or original story (like Green Lantern, which although I didn't hate the film like most people, I still found it to be rather mediocre).

Honestly I'm beginning to think that WB are a curse on DC Comics. It makes me wonder what could happen if DC were more independent and had their own movie studio like Marvel does.
Thank you finally someone who understands how i feel  ;D
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin