what kind of film should the next one be? (TDKR spoilers)

Started by riddler, Sun, 22 Jul 2012, 15:46

Previous topic - Next topic

What kind of film should the next one be?

sequel to batman returns
22 (24.7%)
sequel to batman and robin
6 (6.7%)
sequel to the dark knight rises
21 (23.6%)
flash forward (skip over continuity)
4 (4.5%)
loose sequel (have bruce wayne start out already as batman)
14 (15.7%)
complete reboot with origin
7 (7.9%)
complete reboot without origin
38 (42.7%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: Fri, 17 Apr 2015, 15:46

Just to explain the options
option #1 would be similar to what superman returns did; make it a sequel to Batman returns and ignore forever and robin
option #2 is self explanatory, basically batman triumphant
option #3 is self explanatory as well
option #4 is have batman in his later years, not really referencing the previous films but made in such a way you could believe they already happened
option #5 is similar to batman forever, have it believed the previous events did happen but without heavy references of them
option 6 and 7 are self explanatory.

I'd love to see an arkham asylum film (which fits option #4). If i got to choose how the next trilogy would go, i'd have the first film with arkham as a main theme, developing the asylum, having the thugs thrown in there but have the main plot become gotham city. The second film would be the 'batman trapped in the aslylum' moniker with the third film being arkham city.

If I had to choose which of the above NOT to pick it would be a complete reboot with an origin, batman begins already did it and as the recent spider-man movie is proving, people dont want to see the same origin told twice.

I would like an Arkham Asylum type of story, where Batman is forced to descend into Arkham to stop a hostage plot which has ties to a bigger threat to the city, sort of like The Rock, but with a sense of style somewhere between Burton and Nolan. You can also touch on villains previously unseen on film like Scarface, Croc, The Mad Hatter etc.

I wouldn't try to make it a trilogy though. I'd just tell a really good, fun/ dark and psychological Batman story with plenty of action for the action fiends. More detective work would be a plus as well.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Either a sequel to B&R or Returns, but I wouldn't mind a complete overhall either.

As a sequel to Retunrs, I mean something like Dark Knight Returns, helmed by Burton with Keaton as Batman, and someother dude as Superman...meh I can dream

either a returns sequel (i'll write the script!!!) or a complete reboot without batsy's origin.

Realistically speaking, reboot without origin, or loose sequel. Maybe start with the Riddler. He hasn't been used in live action since Jim Carrey, and many stories from the comics (and Arkham) show that he has a lot of potential to be a much more sophisticated, and evil, character. Not to mention, a proper Riddler story means more detective work for Batman.

Spaced out version: Make a sequel to Batman Returns directed by Tim Burton starring Michael Keaton, with Scarecrow, Two-Face and Catwoman. (yeah, dream on)

Quote from: SilentEnigma on Mon, 23 Jul  2012, 21:54

Spaced out version: Make a sequel to Batman Returns directed by Tim Burton starring Michael Keaton, with Scarecrow, Two-Face and Catwoman. (yeah, dream on)

*dreams*

lol.

We wont see this but it would be cool to do what the Hush comics did and kind of acknowledge all the previous batman films as having happened but not go into detail trying to explain the continuity. Yes I'm aware they overlap but leave the 'explaining' to the fanboys. Have say Devitos penguin, one of the catwomen (preferrably Michelles), Cranes scarecrow, possibly Rhas Al Ghul, basically any of the previous actors from either series who want to come back return.

With Joel Schumacher having 3 straight flops and being practically detested by the bat communuty, he's out. Val Kilmer was a decent Batman but he's been irrelevant for 15 years in the industry. Clooney has star power and many believe he could do a good job in a darker setting although not sure if he would return. Obviously Keaton is still the man. I could possibly see Burton return, it wasn't bitter between him and WB, he did produce the third film and came close to directing superman in the late 90's.

I wasn't necissarily saying Arkham has to be a trilogy but it seems if you wanted to do that story full circle it would need 2 main films (one with batman in the Asylum, one in the City) and a film setting it up. Though I think it could also be done as a stand alone film or a two parter. Arkham City was my favourite game but I would have mixed feelings about the overall setting is probably not as good for a movie especially trying to fit that plot into two hours. That being said the concept of villains essentially going up against other villains would be a cool thing to pull off.

A two part film could be good as well. Have the first film lead up to how we see the beginning of the first game; Your standard Batman film fighting villains in gotham city but when he arrests the mastermind (which may or may not be the Joker, it would be good but may be difficult to pull off, the riddler could be a good replacement) near the end we find it was a set up leading to the next film. It would be one of the best cliffhangers of all time seeing Batman find out he's trapped in the asylum and the camera panning out on him before fading to the credits. People loved the fact that Burton turned a superhero film into a horror/thriller and the Arkham Asylum is the best way to bring that atmosphere back.

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 24 Jul  2012, 02:50
i might break out the pen and write some fanfic :D

we should team up. Or have an arkham style role playing game!

A true sequel to Batman returns.... essentially a remake of Batman Forever....