batkid

Started by Catwoman, Fri, 15 Nov 2013, 20:02

Previous topic - Next topic
shocked there haven't been any posts about the make-a-wish child in san francisco, they turned the entire city into gotham and let him truly be batman. now if that isn't the sweetest, most awesome thing ever then i don't know what is. beautiful.

my faith in humanity is restored for a day.

I posted about it a few weeks back on our Facebook and Twitter. Been following it since. I planned to do a news post on the site once it happened...hoping to do it this weekend.

Great day for young Myles it seems. So cool that so many people got involved in SF. Some great photos.

see i wouldn't have known this since i just now started following on twitter :P

and yes the pics were adorable. i just wish he'd let whoever kidnapped the san francisco giants mascot kill the bastard. i hate the giants lol.

Sun, 17 Nov 2013, 18:28 #4 Last Edit: Sun, 17 Nov 2013, 23:44 by BatmAngelus
"Let's not talk about Batman, let's talk about the kid..." 
Another reason to love Keaton.

Along the same lines, Christian Bale and Ben Affleck have both commented on this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/17/ben-affleck-christian-bale-batkid_n_4291634.html

Quote"It's so touching," Bale, who of course played the Dark Knight in Christopher Nolan's trilogy, said in an interview with Vulture. "Wasn't that fantastic?"

"I've never been on Twitter, but how great a thing that it can create something like that! I mean, wonderful," he continued. "This little kid, oh my God -- what a wonderful day for the little fella! It's just fantastic, seeing all those people who were out there to support it."

While Affleck dubbed "Batkid" as the "Best Batman Ever" 
https://twitter.com/BenAffleck/status/401832701960781825

To me, though, the best news of all of this is that the kid is in full remission and that he got to enjoy the day with his treatment behind him.

EDIT: Batman-News also shared tweets from Kevin Conroy and Adam West:
http://batman-news.com/2013/11/17/christian-bale-ben-affleck-michael-keaton-kevin-conroy-and-adam-west-comment-on-batkid/
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Sun, 17 Nov  2013, 18:28
To me, though, the best news of all of this is that the kid is in full remission and that he got to enjoy the day with his treatment behind him.
Exactly. When I first heard of the story, I thought it was such a bittersweet, final fling type of thing. Very glad he's on the road to recovery.

Val Kilmer was also very active on twitter and Facebook during the day, sharing photos etc about Miles

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 17 Nov  2013, 23:55
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Sun, 17 Nov  2013, 18:28
Exactly. When I first heard of the story, I thought it was such a bittersweet, final fling type of thing. Very glad he's on the road to recovery.

same here. it was sad but knowing he will hopefully recover makes it such a wonderful happy thing. like the ultimate victory prize or whatevs.