"15 Reasons Tim Burton’s Batman is Better Than Chris Nolan’s The Dark Knight"

Started by Azrael, Tue, 7 Aug 2012, 16:36

Previous topic - Next topic
http://whatculture.com/film/15-reasons-tim-burtons-batman-is-better-than-chris-nolans-the-dark-knight.php

I have read only some headings, not the article. Don't forget, it's a proven fact that a percentage of readers ONLY read the headings in such articles, and these are that stick to someone's mind. I have to ask:

- Why keep fanning the flames?
- Why it has 100 comments in the TDKR group?
- Why it almost looks "designed", i.e. a deliberately troll/straw argument to make Burton fans appear as crazy fanboys with weak arguments (I mean, the cast? The cast in TDK trilogy was weaker? Outside of a certain choice in BB, this was a strong point in BOTH series), AND, as is usually the case with those things, incite a reaction.

(said by someone that still thinks the Furstmobile is the coolest thing on the planet)

I could agree with the article on a few points but yeah...it seems to be a trend now online - write articles that you know will get certain groups incensed, just to up the post count.

Plus anything about TDKR now creates a lot of activity...obviously.

There is a fine line between a flame war and expressing an opinion. But I think it's fine to say what you think about a movie if you back it up with reasoning. I thought the actors were good across the board in TDKR (except for Marion, who I thought was terrible especially in her death scene.) My issue is mainly with the plot. I've raised other issues but here's some more:

Blake is the best detective in the world. He deduces Bruce is Batman from two key points of evidence. 1) He's an orphan, and 2) he has 'that look'. Please. I found this scene cringeworthy. Bruce and Tatelia hooked up out of nowhere and had no chemistry or prior screen time. Alfred's 'never' from BB looks plenty hollow and worthless after he left him in TDKR.

BB tells us the following: "The world is too small for someone like Bruce Wayne to disappear, no matter how deep he chooses to sink." So apparently this statement is untrue if you have a clean slate USB. Right, whatever. You cannot erase visual recognition and Bruce is sitting there in plain view. If he thinks he is going to get a more peaceful retirement because of a death fake he is sorely mistaken. It would last very shortly indeed.

Just 15? Why stop there? I could produce a list longer than Batman's wingspan.
Heads, we strangle the air out of Christopher Nolan's lungs.

Tails, we run over him with a truck.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  8 Aug  2012, 02:11Blake is the best detective in the world. He deduces Bruce is Batman from two key points of evidence. 1) He's an orphan, and 2) he has 'that look'. Please. I found this scene cringeworthy.
I openly admit that the scene doesn't work very well but I still enjoy it because of the performances. I don't have a huge gripe with a lot of the acting in TDKRises, actually...

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  8 Aug  2012, 02:11Alfred's 'never' from BB looks plenty hollow and worthless after he left him in TDKR.
I tend to agree. Now, someone might argue that he was dismissed. Arguable. But I think Alfred would mark a huge difference between getting fired and abandoning the closest thing to a son he's ever had. How anyone could argue the latter didn't take place is beyond me. And hey, maybe it was intentional by Nolan. "Alfred would never abandon Bruce"... oh yeah? But since nothing much is made of Alfred after his departure, it does seem kind of out of nowhere and quickly forgotten.

Nolan is just the worst thing to happen to the Batman franchise since rubber nipples.
Heads, we strangle the air out of Christopher Nolan's lungs.

Tails, we run over him with a truck.