Robin Williams as Dr Hugo Strange?

Started by johnnygobbs, Sat, 29 Jan 2011, 18:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Might Hugo Strange be appearing in The Dark Knight Returns after all?  And will Robin Williams finally get his chance to be in a Batman film, afher he missed out on playing The Joker and The Riddler in Batman and Batman Forever, respectively?

It would be interesting.  Anyway, here's a link to the latest rumor:
http://batman-news.com/
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I have a gut feeling that this just might turn out to be true.  Were Bane and Strange not in cahoots at some point in one of the graphic novels or comic books? 

If this turns out to be true and they cast Williams in that role, I will be sold on this movie.  As it stands, I might go see it after I hear some reviews, but I won't be tripping over myself to see it opening night as I was with Batman Begins and TDK.  I'm just not feeling the whole Bane/Catwoman thing.  Never thought of them is all that great in any adaption. 

Bring in Williams as Strange and I'm there!   8)

If this is true, and it would be great if it is, I can see Dr Strange as the true antagonist but in a 'behind-the-scenes' kind of way, whilst Bane and Catwoman are the more open, 'honest' villains, kind of like the relationship between Shreck, Catwoman and The Penguin in Returns.

Als, for all of those people who have bemoaned the possibility of three villains in The Drak Knight Returns (admittedly not so much on this site), bear in mind that Begins and TDK had Falcone and Maroni respectively in addition to the more obvious villains.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Robin Williams is very good at villainous roles.

Insomnia, and One Hour Photo being the two I'm most familiar with, but I do remember his guest starring role on Law & Order a few years back, and he like before, was excellent playing a dark character.

Bring it on.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

So far, with all the confirmed news coming out I have been "optimistic".

When I was told early yesterday that Robin Williams was confirmed as Strange (though I later found it was only rumour) I was over the moon and wildly excited for TDKR.

I really hope Robin (Williams!) in this. He would be awesome.

I'm a big fan of Robin Williams (especially his sociopath roles) and would very much welcome his casting.

robin williams is funny. :)
Fasten your setbelts securely. Any unfastened belt will cause the mission to be aborted.
Batcave security prohibits photography of any type, Thankyou for your attention.

This would be great news if it's true, and sources are saying that it is indeed true, but we'll wait to hear an official statement or trusted word of mouth from someone involved. It confirms what I said a few weeks ago on other message boards, there should be at least one more villain and I'm still hearing there's a fourth.

In fact, the League of Shadows is a possibility, according to a source, Nolan wants to bring his Batman trilogy to an end and since the league was thwarted by Batman in Begins, I believe they could be in the mix again to bring the story to a full circle as Nolan himself has said (bring the story to a full circle)

What audiences can count on is huge action set pieces for this film, even bigger than TDk and those we saw in Inception too. Nolan is going to go out with a bang and I believe it will also have a bitter sweet ending.

Chers!

I think williams would make a great Hugo; Hugo along with Bane and Catwoman would make for great villians in this film.