Made a Burton FOREVER Poster

Started by Gotham Knight, Tue, 15 Apr 2008, 00:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Wed, 25 Feb 2009, 02:24 #11 Last Edit: Wed, 25 Feb 2009, 02:31 by Gotham Knight
another run at a bat poster. No titles. Much the 89 poster the emblem speaks for itself. Tried for a gritty almost horrorstyle Forever under Burton.

was robin williams really ever close to being in batman forever? - is there official info out there about what almost happened? - was pfeiffer in the 3rd one too in some scripts?

i liked jim carrey - not sure how i would have liked him head to head with keaton but i think he was good in batman forever - two face sucked - robin sucked

Wed, 25 Feb 2009, 03:41 #13 Last Edit: Wed, 25 Feb 2009, 03:54 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Wed, 25 Feb  2009, 03:37
was robin williams really ever close to being in batman forever? - is there official info out there about what almost happened? - was pfeiffer in the 3rd one too in some scripts?

From what I've read, RW showed no interest. As for Pfeiffer, not sure about her but Catwoman was set to have appeared (well, if it were to have been Burton's film, & I'm sure MP would've returned).

I heard that WB offered the role to Williams but he said only if WB apologizes for using Williams as ?bait? for getting Jack Nicholson to commit to the Joker.

Wed, 25 Feb 2009, 03:49 #15 Last Edit: Wed, 25 Feb 2009, 03:59 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: batass4880 on Wed, 25 Feb  2009, 03:45
I heard that WB offered the role to Williams but he said only if WB apologizes for using Williams as ?bait? for getting Jack Nicholson to commit to the Joker.

I'm glad that never got into play. Schumacher's films limited a lot of the potential of Batman's rogues & reduced them to cheeseballs, basically. :P

Im sure in some script or another, Catwoman was set to return. But I also know there was the plan for a Catwoman movie back in the 90's due to her popularity from BR. I mean, she was the 'star' of BR. I don't think it was intended that way, but she ended up being that. If you look at it, from a advertising/merchandising POV, she was everywhere. Everyone I talk to, or sees one of my (many) iems I have, is always like, "OMG, shes soo awesome, noone could ever replace her. She should have done the Catwoman movie!"

But I did read the unrpoduced script for 'Catwoman', and it wasn't that great really. But it was better than the Halle Berry film *gag*. 
"I don't know about youy Miss Kitty, but I feel...soo much yummier!"

Another One, this time a riddlerized version. Almost did it with will random tagline/questions all over the wall around the logo, but decided to once again go into a vein closer to the original 89 poster and let the emblem speak for itself. Not unlike Forever's logo poster, but in a gritty, horror (Modern Burtonesque Sweeney Todd) style.

This not being made was one of the biggest mistake's in movie history.

^ While I like Forever, I wouldn't hesitate to go back in time & make sure that Burton made his Batman 3.