Brandon Routh to reprise his role as Superman

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 19 Jul 2019, 17:05

Previous topic - Next topic
I didn't like this episode. I hate how they have to consonantly tell us how much more powerful Supergirl is to Superman, and in this one, how much better Kate is than Bruce Wayne. I don't understand why they have to keep doing this?

Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 10 Dec  2019, 23:35
I didn't like this episode. I hate how they have to consonantly tell us how much more powerful Supergirl is to Superman, and in this one, how much better Kate is than Bruce Wayne. I don't understand why they have to keep doing this?
I do.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 11 Dec  2019, 02:49
Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 10 Dec  2019, 23:35
I do.
Ditto.

So those rumors about Routh reprising his character from Superman Returns ended up being true. They tossed some Kingdom Come elements into the mix and then promptly killed the character off.

Those rumors about Conroy playing a variation on his Batman Beyond Bruce ended up being true. They tossed some Kingdom Come elements into the mix and then promptly killed the character off.

The reports of Shipp coming back to play the 1990 Barry ended up being true. They tossed some Crisis On Infinite Earths comic into the mix and then promptly killed the character off.

The rumors that Welling wouldn't suit up to play Superman ended up being true. They tossed some seriously inane BS into the mix and then promptly... well, didn't kill the character off, but may as well have. Except, well, they did kinda kill the character off. So hmm.

The rumors about the Birds Of Prey universe being revisited ended up being true. Nothing fancy here. They just (very) promptly killed the characters off.

All those cameos ultimately add up to nothing. At least nothing of any narrative significance. Those cameos could've been completely cut out and mostly nothing would've been lost. I get the notion that COIE destroyed a bunch of Earths so the TV version can do no less. So why not throw in some fun references for fans? But these hardly come off as fun references. They come off more like a kind of sadistic poke in the eye to fans of those properties.

I mean, is it just me? Am I all alone here?

All that fuss about Routh returning as Superman, and the character seemingly gets killed off prematurely by Jon Cryer's Lex? And people are eating up this sh*t. Unbelievable.

What's even more unbelievable is this screenshot of Routh liking this fanboy tweeting his praise of his turn as Superman despite doing NOTHING in COIE...while using popular but baseless words to tacitly sh*t on Snyder's Superman.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Roanhouse/status/1205328731184611328

Right, because Superman in the DCEU never showed any sense of altruism, did he? I guess him trying to help people despite it risked leaving behind a paper trail to his identity was nothing to write home about. I suppose him taking a difficult course of action to stop a genocidal Zod in order to protect the human race - while literally becoming the Last f***ing Son of Krypton in the process - is nothing brave at all. Nor was it when he sacrificed his life to stop Doomsday to protect the undeserving human race yet again. Nor did he do anything hopeful, like inspiring the likes of Pete Ross, Colonel Hardy, Batman et al to become better people after saving them. Nah, that was all just evil Randian propaganda. All it REALLY takes to be inspirational and heroic is to say some hollow speech about hope, instead of letting your actions speak for themselves.

Get f***ed.

People like that clown who tweeted that crap are the reason why Superman on film is in limbo. And screw Routh for endorsing such nonsense. I don't care if he appreciated the fan's compliment of his role as Superman, I'm sure he was aware of what those stupid comments were referring to. Judging by his liking of the tweet, I have little doubt he even agrees with it.

Well, if this was the end of his return as Superman and he won't be revived again for the rest of COIE, I hope he enjoyed his run, because it surely wasn't worth the hype. But from what I've seen from these so-called fans, it doesn't really take much to impress them. These man children can't handle if the character faces any sort of conflict - they'll just complain he's mopey. No wonder why the CW has Tyler Hoechlin smiling at every turn.

The vast majority of Superman fans are overgrown immature children. And honestly, that goes for most Batman fans too.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Routh isn't the only DC superhero actor to reprise a cinematic role in Crisis on Infinite Earths. Ezra Miller's Flash also put in an appearance.

In a noisy place so I missed probably half of the dialogue but that looked kind of funny, I must admit.

Wed, 15 Jan 2020, 07:47 #47 Last Edit: Wed, 15 Jan 2020, 07:50 by The Laughing Fish

Nice little cameo, the best by far in this crossover. I suppose this means Ezra Miller will stick around as the Flash, and it looks like that rumoured Flashpoint movie is a strong possibility.

I find it rather curious that Snyder unleashed that new Darkseid image on the same day as this episode came out. Coincidence?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

It appears not only was Jim Lee responsible for coordinating the Ezra Miller cameo, but it's revealed that an adaptation of Flashpoint will be the next movie that Miller will star in.

So, this is how they're trying to reboot the DCEU? By using the darkest storyline possible? Oh yeah, that TOTALLY makes sense.  ::)

At least there might be a chance we get to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne/Flashpoint Batman.