1. Man of Steel
2. BvS: Dawn of Justice
3. Superman v The Elite
4. Superman: The Movie
5. Superman II
6. Superman III
7. Superman IV
8. Superman Returns
Superman is barely in ZSJL, but it's a good movie. So it's a conundrum.

1. Man of Steel
3. Superman v The Elite
5. Superman II
6. Zack Snyder's Justice League
7. Superman III
8. Superman IV
9. Superman Returns

Superman fighting the League at the memorial is one of the best displays of his power you'll see.
Clark at the farm with the butterfly presents a peaceful man of nature.
The Steppenwolf fight is satisfying.

All good stuff, even if it's limited.

Cavill's Superman really needed JL Parts II and III to be fully explored. And that looks like a dead end dream, with Jar Jar Abrams instead coming on board to destroy another franchise with a concept barely anybody wants. I'm confident all the original DCEU slate films got cancelled because the studio did not want evil Knightmare Superman for the entire duration of JL2, or Batman dying. So they cut the cord, and that's why they don't want it progressing - regardless of box office or public interest. In their mind they probably believe they're protecting their brand. While they go about hiring Jar Jar Abrams.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  5 Apr  2021, 01:34
Superman is barely in ZSJL, but it's a good movie. So it's a conundrum.

1. Man of Steel
3. Superman v The Elite
5. Superman II
6. Zack Snyder's Justice League
7. Superman III
8. Superman IV
9. Superman Returns

Superman fighting the League at the memorial is one of the best displays of his power you'll see.
Clark at the farm with the butterfly presents a peaceful man of nature.
The Steppenwolf fight is satisfying.

All good stuff, even if it's limited.
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed,  8 May  2019, 03:28
01- Superman- The Movie
02- Man Of Steel
03- Batman v Superman
04- Superman III
05- Mole Men
06- Superman IV
07- Superman II
08- Superman Returns
01- Batman v Superman
02- Superman- The Movie
03- Man Of Steel
04- Superman III
05- Zack Snyder's Justice League
06- Mole Men
07- Superman IV
08- Superman II
09- Superman Returns

As I've said, my top three spots are subject to variation at any given time. Right now, BVS leads the pack. But #01-#07 are all basically good movies and being listed anywhere in there is no bad thing in my book. As I've said, I have a lot of love and appreciation for Superman III. It's not criticism of ZSJL that it is listed behind Superman III on my list. That's just a reflection of how much I appreciate Superman III.

ZSJL might've scored higher if Superman had more screen time. What we get of Superman in ZSJL is super high quality. I agree with you that Superman duking it out with the League is a high watermark for the character in live action in terms of showing just how much raw firepower he's got. But in the end, his limited screen time hurts ZSJL's placement on my list. And yet, my original list completely ignored Josstice League, so obviously there's an improvement going on here.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  5 Apr  2021, 01:34Cavill's Superman really needed JL Parts II and III to be fully explored. And that looks like a dead end dream, with Jar Jar Abrams instead coming on board to destroy another franchise with a concept barely anybody wants. I'm confident all the original DCEU slate films got cancelled because the studio did not want evil Knightmare Superman for the entire duration of JL2, or Batman dying. So they cut the cord, and that's why they don't want it progressing - regardless of box office or public interest. In their mind they probably believe they're protecting their brand. While they go about hiring Jar Jar Abrams.
I get the whole "That's showbiz" thing when it comes to Whedon's movie. That rly was a turd bomb and it never deserved continuation.

But I maintain that ZSJL was a game-changer and that there's good reason to believe AT&T will make a move here. Literally the only people who don't want the Snyderverse to continue is WB/WM execs. Everyone else would love to see it happen. Keep the faith. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever not to restore the Snyderverse. The fans have already moved a mountain before with getting ZSJL released. What's moving one more mountain, right?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon,  5 Apr  2021, 12:09
ZSJL might've scored higher if Superman had more screen time. What we get of Superman in ZSJL is super high quality. I agree with you that Superman duking it out with the League is a high watermark for the character in live action in terms of showing just how much raw firepower he's got. But in the end, his limited screen time hurts ZSJL's placement on my list. And yet, my original list completely ignored Josstice League, so obviously there's an improvement going on here.
Precisely. From a pure Superman point of view I can't rank ZSJL higher on the list.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon,  5 Apr  2021, 12:09
I get the whole "That's showbiz" thing when it comes to Whedon's movie. That rly was a turd bomb and it never deserved continuation.

But I maintain that ZSJL was a game-changer and that there's good reason to believe AT&T will make a move here. Literally the only people who don't want the Snyderverse to continue is WB/WM execs. Everyone else would love to see it happen. Keep the faith. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever not to restore the Snyderverse. The fans have already moved a mountain before with getting ZSJL released. What's moving one more mountain, right?
The talk regarding Flashpoint sounds about right to me. That it's the end of the Snyder timeline. All the stuff about Batman dying, Superman flipping out about Lois, etc won't be put to film because the studio freaked. But things before the Flashpoint movie could exist on HBO Max.

Affleck's Deathstroke script could work as is, and take place immediately following ZSJL. What about a Cavill Superman show? I bet that's why WB could sign Cavill up for short, token cameos in other DCEU films so he's taken care of in a side venture, while Jar Jar Abrams' Superman in name only gets all the special treatment.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  6 Apr  2021, 00:54
The talk regarding Flashpoint sounds about right to me. That it's the end of the Snyder timeline. All the stuff about Batman dying, Superman flipping out about Lois, etc won't be put to film because the studio freaked. But things before the Flashpoint movie could exist on HBO Max.

Affleck's Deathstroke script could work as is, and take place immediately following ZSJL. What about a Cavill Superman show? I bet that's why WB could sign Cavill up for short, token cameos in other DCEU films so he's taken care of in a side venture, while Jar Jar Abrams' Superman in name only gets all the special treatment.
I understand your skepticism. And usually, a healthy skepticism goes a long way.

In this case, restoring the Snyderverse requires getting the band back together. And as you can probably guess, that's not an easy deal to put together. If I'm being totally honest here, the complication of bringing EVERYONE back is the biggest challenge I see with restoring the Snyderverse. But it's still doable.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I currently don't see the original plan happening. It would have to be comics or animation. Or even more realistically, Snyder writing a novel and sharing a link via social media.

In a way, the Snyderverse is continuing but not in the way it was envisioned.

A new arc is locked in.

The Flash - Flashpoint
Aquaman - Aquaman 2
Wonder Woman - Wonder Woman 3
Batman - Flashpoint
Superman - Potential cameos

The fact remains that HBO Max are surely going to want exciting content to continue subscriptions. There was word around the campfire about a BTAS continuation. The GCPD show is definitely happening.

A series called 'Batman v Deathstroke' would be a goldmine. I've been saying it repeatedly, but that's where I feel the real possibilities lie. Affleck, Leto and Manganiello all want to do it. The fans want it badly.

If AT&T don't make it happen they're just about as good as worthless.