Release the Ayer Cut?

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sat, 23 May 2020, 07:48

Previous topic - Next topic
Ayer has claimed only about ten minutes got cut out of his movie. But he's released stuff that looks like a lot more than just ten minutes.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 21 Jun  2020, 13:45
Ayer has claimed only about ten minutes got cut out of his movie. But he's released stuff that looks like a lot more than just ten minutes.

He must've said that a few years ago while he was trying to be on good terms with Warner Butchers. I doubt that he would suggest only a small portion of Suicide Squad got cut right now, after he confirmed the theatrical and extended cuts wasn't what he intended.

Which leads me to the rest of my post.

Earlier during the week, the #ReleaseTheAyerCut hashtag reached 100k tweets in support of the real version of the film to come out. Somehow, a fan got a hold of the original script of the Joker's involvement in the climax.

^David Ayer confirmed that whole scene was filmed.

Yes I did. Shot and edited. Of course you were not permitted to see it my friend

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/1285196927127126018

On the same day, Ayer released another black and white image of Leto's Joker.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 25 Jul  2020, 03:20
He must've said that a few years ago while he was trying to be on good terms with Warner Butchers. I doubt that he would suggest only a small portion of Suicide Squad got cut right now, after he confirmed the theatrical and extended cuts wasn't what he intended.
There's a lot to be said for being tactful, a companyman and all that stuff. But there's nothing wrong with being vaguely honest. "Yeah, it's like a lot of films, you keep some stuff, you cut some stuff, you reshoot some stuff, it's pretty normal for any movie to go through that kind of process". What he said with the "ten minutes" bit is just not honest tho. You know?

I agree with you 100%. The only explanation I could think of is WB was a politically volatile environment back then (maybe still is), and perhaps Ayer took the team player approach excessively to avoid getting blacklisted. As you know, Hollywood is a screwed up industry. Thankfully AT&T and WarnerMedia is starting to give fans what they want with the Snyder cut, and hopefully the Ayer cut is not too far away.

Speaking of which, a lot of dickhead bloggers and studio suck-ups complain that fans creating an online presence to demand the release of director's cuts and/or original films are contributing a "toxic" atmosphere within film discourse. I say that's bullsh*t. I've seen where the accusations of "toxicity" is coming from, and let me tell you, these people have no self-awareness whatsoever. Richard Cetrone, Batfleck's stunt double spoke, was asked by a fan about such accusations on the 2:00 minute mark, and he gave the best answer: "without the fans, we don't have an industry".

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Ayo hol up

Let me get this straight. Fans are championing the director's original vision, they want an artist to be able to tell the story the way they intended... and that makes them "toxic"? Really? That's where we are now?

I mean, there's stupid and then there's calling those fans "toxic". So retarded.

Is anybody else confident that the Ayer cut will hit streaming next year, alongside the Snyder cut? With all the films getting delayed and WW84's release date looking doubtful yet again, I don't see why not.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu,  8 Oct  2020, 13:23
Is anybody else confident that the Ayer cut will hit streaming next year, alongside the Snyder cut? With all the films getting delayed and WW84's release date looking doubtful yet again, I don't see why not.

Yes. I think that, with DC being poised as a big contributor to HBO MAX, it's inevitable. Batman Forever, I'm not so sure. It is a shame, because had the DC Streaming Service held on a little longer, or at least been invested in longer, right now would be its time to shine. As an all things DC service, it could have boosted itself by getting the exclusive streaming rights to Snyder's cut as well, cementing itself as a staple of streaming services. Big make or break moment that passed WB by.

David Ayer uploaded this picture of Enchantress on his Instagram story, without giving any context at all. It could be from the final battle with the Suicide Squad, but it's not a shot that I remember.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu,  8 Oct  2020, 13:49
Yes. I think that, with DC being poised as a big contributor to HBO MAX, it's inevitable. Batman Forever, I'm not so sure. It is a shame, because had the DC Streaming Service held on a little longer, or at least been invested in longer, right now would be its time to shine. As an all things DC service, it could have boosted itself by getting the exclusive streaming rights to Snyder's cut as well, cementing itself as a staple of streaming services. Big make or break moment that passed WB by.
Another issue might be a shady app. We're going through a seven day trial of HBO Max and while the content is kind of interest (Punch Drunk Love!), the app itself is kind of pleb-tier. They've got a long way to go to stack up to the functionality and user-friendly qualities of Netflix. Netflix's app isn't perfect but it's really good and other services have something to live up to when it comes to that. So far, HBO Max doesn't. I can understand why it's left some people cold.

This is the company's future and they need to start treating it that way. The app is just not acceptable by modern standards.

Ayer uploaded this picture of the Joker yesterday.

No doubt there was more to the scene when he and Dr. Harleen Quinzel first met.