Diving and rescuing Harley motif

Started by The Laughing Fish, Wed, 11 Apr 2018, 12:39

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 18 Jun  2020, 03:29
I like the dead Robin bit because it gives this Batman a sense of history. He hasn't been Batman for twenty years unscathed. There have been victories and there have been defeats. Prices have been paid.
One of Batman's best cinematic moments ever, in my opinion. A short scene but communicates so much.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 18 Jun  2020, 03:29
So if Dick died anyway, it's ONLY because Batman gave him the uniform. He would know that he owns 100% of that. And I could see that single incident cratering Bruce for a long time. Maybe forever. Or at least until somebody shakes him out of it.
Zack said the death is referenced again during the real version of JL, so I'm eager to see what form that takes. I'll take a guess and say it somehow ties in to Bruce intending to sacrifice himself during the final battle. Perhaps dialogue during the scene with Alfred as Bruce attaches the cannon to the Batmobile. A "Dick laid down his life for me, I should be willing to do the same" kind of thing. Alfred and Bruce had such a chat in the Wayne Manor ruins before he fought Superman - "You know you can't win this. It's suicide."

Someone did a voice over of Batfleck's deleted dialogue at the end of the Harley Quinn flashback scene.

I thought that was Affleck's voice, at first. Whoever did this mimicked his muffled voice so well.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei