Deleted Scenes thread

Started by eledoremassis02, Wed, 21 Jun 2023, 04:03

Previous topic - Next topic
From The Flash Film News Twitter account:

"New images of Ben Affleck in a black and silver Batsuit that was intended for the original post-credits scene for THE FLASH"

https://twitter.com/FlashFilmNews/status/1681338147894964224

I remember reading the planned Affleck post-credit scene had him communicating to Barry in another timeline begging him to "find us". Sort of like an alternative spin to the end of whole Knightmare sequence in BvS.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 18 Jul  2023, 14:24In Hollywood, ego reigns supreme.

Still, TF represented a unique opportunity to generate interest in the film by releasing the deleted scenes and quietly encouraging fan edits.

First, it's not like WBD has anything to lose at this point. And second, quite a few films have sustained interest due to fan edits.

If WBD had released the various reshoots of the crucial scenes (it seems believable that two or three or even four different reshoots of those scenes probably exist), then the film would become a more interactive and engaging experience for fans. At this point, I think WBD should take whatever positive attention/interest they can get.

Softly supporting fan edits of TF would certainly achieve that.

If I have to guess, they won't release these deleted scenes because they don't want fans to demand anything that could undermine whatever plans they have for Gunn's agenda. Which is ridiculous, but as you say, ego reigns supreme. I imagine Gunn would be outraged if there's more online chatter and demand for more Keaton, Affleck, Cavill and Calle than anything he has in mind for that Superman farce he wants to do.

I mean, we are talking about a studio that saw the RTSV hashtag break Endgame's record on Twitter and positive chatter surrounding ZSJL and all they could say is "LoL, bOtS". Whether it's Emmerich or Zaslav in charge, WB doesn't care about sustaining any goodwill.

I welcome anyone who joins the anti-WB club. If you're fed up with all the rubbish they've made and PR disasters they created over the years, all you can do is stop supporting anything they do. They don't deserve your money.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Tue, 18 Jul  2023, 13:38So, some deleted scenes were made available with the digital release which went online today. I assume that this will be the same stuff on the physical release. No alternate endings. All in all the deleted material is less than 15 minutes long and some of the scenes are literally seconds and amount to jokes. Stupid WB strikes again. Way to recoup the flop.

So, I will not be making a purchase at all, ever. Without the alt ending the film is worthless, and I will no longer speak of it. Congratulations DC you have alienated all but the most delusional fans. I now join the ranks of people who await the popping of the comic book film bubble. Good riddance. 
As colors says, what the F do they have to lose in getting everything out there now? Nobody really cares about the movie anyway, as box office receipts show.  In the end the Flash was not a worthwhile venture for Keaton, and it makes me treasure the BvS Ultimate Edition and ZSJL all the more. Those are exactly as things are meant to be.

I think Affleck is the most "screwed around" actor to have played Batman. I mean, good god, they did him dirty so many times.

Quote from: Travesty on Wed, 19 Jul  2023, 14:13I think Affleck is the most "screwed around" actor to have played Batman. I mean, good god, they did him dirty so many times.
There's an interesting debate to be had there.

Keaton was lured back to the role on the promise of at least three films. Only one was released, which altered/eliminated his ultimate role in the film while the other two will never see the light of day, even tho Keaton has already completed his work for both.

Keaton was at the tail end of the mess. Affleck endured the full brunt, from the beginning right to the end.

What I feel now is that while I love Batman, and always will, there is such as thing as too much. The traditional release schedule of one Batman era at a time was fine and all we needed. Even if Batman was a side character and Ezra was toxic, Batman was nonetheless promoted majorly for The Flash, and gives rise to the idea his drawing power isn't as bulletproof as thought. Things can decay if you neglect them - look at the animated movies. A DCU Batman series that underperforms isn't what the franchise needs right now.

We now have bull at a gate releases of all sorts of characters nobody is seriously wanting, with Blue Bomb the next in line. It's the same old story of power discovery just with someone else in a different looking suit. I'm over that. It's copy and paste laziness. The budgets for movies are also too large and need to be curtailed. If the messages being sent to studios aren't being received and acted upon they're just inflicting damage upon themselves, and for that you can't have any sympathy.

Quote from: Travesty on Wed, 19 Jul  2023, 14:13I think Affleck is the most "screwed around" actor to have played Batman. I mean, good god, they did him dirty so many times.

The only reason I believe he did this movie was because he was still holding out hope to play the character again for the long haul, as you can see with these scrapped Aquaman and Flash post-credit scenes. He must've had desire to return because he thought there was good faith among the execs Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy that he was wanted back, until those wankers Zaslav, Gunn and Safran overturned all of this.

There was a rumour today that the scrapped ending of Cavill, Calle, Keaton and Gadot appearing altogether - with Affleck lost in a different timeline - was going to spin off not only a new Cavill Superman sequel and Keaton's Batman Beyond - but also the Batfleck movie. Put that together with THR revealing De Luca and Abdy allegedly wanted to give the Snyderverse Justice League one more go, it seems those two execs were trying to please everyone, even if the overall final Flash product was still subpar.

Seriously, if none of this back-and-forth butchering can convince anyone there is political turmoil within that godforsaken studio, then nothing will.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 19 Jul  2023, 17:05There's an interesting debate to be had there.

Keaton was lured back to the role on the promise of at least three films. Only one was released, which altered/eliminated his ultimate role in the film while the other two will never see the light of day, even tho Keaton has already completed his work for both.

It certainly does make for a fascinating debate. I think the greatest tragedy about Keaton's involvement in this mess is it damages his legacy, as far as the suits are concerned. Even if WBD can afford it, I highly doubt those investors would want to greenlight a new Keaton Batman project if his name couldn't bring more people to theaters, and his appearance in Batgirl wasn't deemed good enough to save it.

But the reality is Keaton would've been far better off returning for a pure Burtonverse project. I understand the money must've been very good and I didn't expect him to pay attention to the turmoil at the studio over the years, but the idea of him being brought back to replace another Batman actor was never a good omen.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I know these are deleted scenes, but a lot of these lines are incredibly moronic, and it's made even worse by Miller's overacting. From Barry saying he took a crap in the backyard to a cheesy Ninja Turtles pop culture reference. These attempts at humour are just awful.

I honestly don't even care if we never see the alternative endings, because the vast majority of footage I've seen related to The Flash is so poor. I really wish Keaton and Affleck didn't agree to star in this.