Deleted Scenes thread

Started by eledoremassis02, Wed, 21 Jun 2023, 04:03

Previous topic - Next topic
Figured I'd make a thread to talk about deleted scenes from leaks, scripts, trailers etc.

- A conversation with Bruce Wayne about the events in his life since Batman Returns
- Supergirl saying "are you ready?" from one of the deleted endings

- A scene where young Barry is seen drawing out designs for their new Flash suit

I'm very anxious about deleted scenes. I'd love to have access to them all and have clean versions of them. Hell, even with time codes I'd take them. I don't know what the rules are. Would they have to pay Cavill to use his footage? Would deleted scenes better sell the home release as the film failed to recoop in theaters? Your guess is as good as mine. Not sure what else to add to this thread except to declare: I want those endings!

Other than that I want as many of the scenes as possible so that I can decide for myself if they work to elevate the film. Here's hoping that we get them all.

My sense of modern Hollywood is that the movie studios are leery of releasing game-changing deleted scenes precisely because fan edits can be cobbled together that completely change the movie.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 21 Jun  2023, 16:02My sense of modern Hollywood is that the movie studios are leery of releasing game-changing deleted scenes precisely because fan edits can be cobbled together that completely change the movie.

Looking at you New Mutants!

Does seem like we're getting atleast one (hopefuly)

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Wed, 21 Jun  2023, 16:35Looking at you New Mutants!
Did that include a lot of deleted scenes? I haven't heard anything about that.

Enjoyable movie tho, it deserved a better fate if you ask me.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 21 Jun  2023, 19:02
Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Wed, 21 Jun  2023, 16:35Looking at you New Mutants!
Did that include a lot of deleted scenes? I haven't heard anything about that.

Enjoyable movie tho, it deserved a better fate if you ask me.

I think there were 4? But they added alor more character and they includes the faces coming thru the wall that was in the trailer

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 21 Jun  2023, 16:02My sense of modern Hollywood is that the movie studios are leery of releasing game-changing deleted scenes precisely because fan edits can be cobbled together that completely change the movie.

There are many reasons why modern films are generally terrible compared to previous decades, and bad editing is one of them. It's absurd how many of today's filmmakers are incapable of telling a story in less than two hours. I'm fine with movies surpassing that length if the material justifies it, but it's become far too common for lightweight popcorn flicks to clock in at two and a half or even three hours. This often has a negative effect on the box office, as it limits the number of showings theatres can screen in a day.

Filmmakers need to rediscover the art of good editing. If they did, fan edits would be less desirable.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Thu, 22 Jun  2023, 20:30

There are many reasons why modern films are generally terrible compared to previous decades, and bad editing is one of them. It's absurd how many of today's filmmakers are incapable of telling a story in less than two hours. I'm fine with movies surpassing that length if the material justifies it, but it's become far too common for lightweight popcorn flicks to clock in at two and a half or even three hours. This often has a negative effect on the box office, as it limits the number of showings theatres can screen in a day.

Filmmakers need to rediscover the art of good editing. If they did, fan edits would be less desirable.

I actually had a conversation with Tommy Lee Wallace and he said somthing similar. Basically, editing is too easy now, thanks to it being done digital. Alot of editors arent as selective or careful as they would be in the past (clearly not in all cases). I'd also add that CG being a main factor too because those can get done so late in the game that re-edits would be needed.

The Flash's editing is really choppy and sometimes it feels like we're missing whole scenes.

So, some deleted scenes were made available with the digital release which went online today. I assume that this will be the same stuff on the physical release. No alternate endings. All in all the deleted material is less than 15 minutes long and some of the scenes are literally seconds and amount to jokes. Stupid WB strikes again. Way to recoup the flop.

So, I will not be making a purchase at all, ever. Without the alt ending the film is worthless, and I will no longer speak of it. Congratulations DC you have alienated all but the most delusional fans. I now join the ranks of people who await the popping of the comic book film bubble. Good riddance. 

In Hollywood, ego reigns supreme.

Still, TF represented a unique opportunity to generate interest in the film by releasing the deleted scenes and quietly encouraging fan edits.

First, it's not like WBD has anything to lose at this point. And second, quite a few films have sustained interest due to fan edits.

If WBD had released the various reshoots of the crucial scenes (it seems believable that two or three or even four different reshoots of those scenes probably exist), then the film would become a more interactive and engaging experience for fans. At this point, I think WBD should take whatever positive attention/interest they can get.

Softly supporting fan edits of TF would certainly achieve that.