The Cameos (SPOILERS)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 16 Jun 2023, 21:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: KeatonisBatman on Sun, 18 Jun  2023, 00:32I was hoping also for at least of mention of Pfeiffer's Catwoman... a photo of Bruce and Selina hanging in his office... a whip hanging in the Batcave... anything.  :-\

Did anyone see Nicholson's Joker anywhere? According to wikipedia it was shot, but I didn't catch him anywhere other than the mechanical laughing-bag.

I did notice the Mars Attacks! poster as well. Does that mean Tim Burton exists as a director in that universe?  :D

I checked the footnote on Wiki and this is what the linked article says

"Along with his laughing cameo in the multiverse sequence, the Joker gets another reference when the younger version of Barry finds his laughing bag in Keaton's Batcave. Jim Gordon finds this bag on the Joker's body after the Clown Prince of Crime falls to his death in Batman (1989).  "

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Sun, 18 Jun  2023, 00:37"Along with his laughing cameo in the multiverse sequence, the Joker gets another reference when the younger version of Barry finds his laughing bag in Keaton's Batcave. Jim Gordon finds this bag on the Joker's body after the Clown Prince of Crime falls to his death in Batman (1989).  "

Hey thanks friend! Hmm, yeah, I clearly must've missed him in the multiverse sequence. Surprised Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman wasn't in there either.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Sun, 18 Jun  2023, 00:37I checked the footnote on Wiki and this is what the linked article says

"Along with his laughing cameo in the multiverse sequence, the Joker gets another reference when the younger version of Barry finds his laughing bag in Keaton's Batcave. Jim Gordon finds this bag on the Joker's body after the Clown Prince of Crime falls to his death in Batman (1989).  "

Hmm. I don't recall anything relating to Nicholson's Joker during the Multiverse cameo sequence. I think Cesar Romero is distinctly heard, but that's relating to his Joker. 

Quote from: KeatonisBatman on Sun, 18 Jun  2023, 01:18Hey thanks friend! Hmm, yeah, I clearly must've missed him in the multiverse sequence. Surprised Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman wasn't in there either.

Yeah, Lynda's Wonder Woman was one of those that didn't make the cut for whatever reason. Evidently, Marlon Brando's Jor-El, Cesar Romero's Joker, and Burgess Meredith's Penguin were to be visually represented as well.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: KeatonisBatman on Sun, 18 Jun  2023, 00:32I was hoping also for at least of mention of Pfeiffer's Catwoman... a photo of Bruce and Selina hanging in his office... a whip hanging in the Batcave... anything.  :-\
Affleck's Bruce touches on this really, when he says something along the lines of ending up alone. It was perfect how when Barry asks if he wants to hang out Bruce says some other time. Despite the knowledge of his isolation and the problems that brings he still can't help but be that way. It's who he is.

Did anyone else think it was weird that Cage had long hair? I know he had long hair in the costume fitting pics from the nineties, but that was because he was shooting Con Air at the time. Maybe I'm misinformed, but I read somewhere that Burton always intended for him to cut his hair short and wear a hair piece with the classic s-curl.

I've also read a rumour that the CGI cameos in The Flash were partly intended as a test run for the cancelled Crisis on Infinite Earths movie. That's what Keaton's return was building up to, and had the project gone ahead I'm guessing we might have seen Cage's Superman return in a bigger role. That's just a rumour though, so take it with the usual pinch of salt.

My understanding is that the character would've had long hair if the movie had been released in 1998 as originally intended. And the reason for that is because comic book Superman had long hair for a while there.

Of course, comic book Superman also got a haircut in 1998, which would've ruined their attempts at synergy.

Sounds like I was misinformed. According to Cage:

Quote"It was more of a 1980s Superman with like, the samurai black long hair. I thought it was gonna be a really different, sort of emo Superman, but we never got there."
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/nicolas-cage-marvel-tim-burton-superman-movie-1235544508/

It's certainly different. But as you say, it's more nineties than eighties. I don't recall Superman's hair being that long in any of the eighties comics I've read.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 21 Jun  2023, 21:42My understanding is that the character would've had long hair if the movie had been released in 1998 as originally intended. And the reason for that is because comic book Superman had long hair for a while there.

Makes sense.

Prior to the DCAU's "Superman the Animated Series", Superman popped up at least once in the "Batman Adventures" comic based on BTAS, and was depicted with long hair in the short-lived Superman/Batman Magazine.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I saw someone commented on YouTube or Instagram saying they were glad they "banished Ezra to the Clooneyverse" at the end  :D  :D  :D

Flash was released on the anniversary of George Reeves' death. Whether intentional or not, this was rather tone-deaf. But it's not any more tone-deaf than recreating his and Christopher Reeve's likenesses for ghoulish CGI cameos, that weren't even rendered very well. Hopefully the social media backlash will put an end to reanimating deceased actors. I don't care if their estates gave it approval, the actors themselves aren't alive to speak for themselves. In all honesty though, the backlash should've erupted when Rogue One recreated Peter Cushing as Admiral Tarkin.

Meanwhile...

QuoteOne such cameo was reported by viewers of the film as being Teddy Sears, who starred in The Flash TV series. He played a version of Jay Garrick before revealing himself to be Hunter Zolomon.

However, confusion reigned when, on Saturday (17 June), Sears revealed that the brief cameo in the film spotted by viewers was not him. Instead, the character takes the form of someone who looks alarmingly like him.

He told TVLine: "People kept telling me that I was in the new Flash movie....I mean, I'm sleep-deprived with a newborn at home, so my memory is a little foggy. But I'm pretty sure I would have remembered shooting a major DC Studios film."

Warner Bros and Warner Bros television then confirmed with the outlet that the footage spotted by viewers of the film was not Sears, but a "generic Golden Age Flash representation played by no actor of note".

https://news.yahoo.com/flash-actor-denies-having-cameo-144153427.html

This is EXACTLY one of the many reasons why there is an actors' strike right now. AI is becoming a huge point of contention in the industry, to the point I've read that studios want to make a one-time payment to actors to buy their likeness and keep regurgitating it forever, without any no compensation at all.

sh*t like this makes me even more satisfied that this movie failed.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei