The Flash Merchandise Thread

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 3 Mar 2023, 20:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Man, it's starting to look like there's not a single merchandising deal that the marketing department rejected. Somebody truly believes in this movie.

I like how they're making these books sets to go along with the movie. It's a smart idea.

Quote from: Travesty on Fri, 21 Apr  2023, 15:36
I like how they're making these books sets to go along with the movie. It's a smart idea.

Me too! I have it pre-ordered for the flash tie in comic (Im assuming that what it is) and the 89 tie in re-release.

Also:

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Fri, 9 Jun 2023, 20:30 #25 Last Edit: Fri, 9 Jun 2023, 20:46 by eledoremassis02

Looks like it plays a part of Descent into Mystery when Batman gets seated

found this in the cheap section at target

I saw this from THR:

QuoteJust as much a part of the narrative of this summer's releases are the surprising misses, such as a recent rough stretch for DC Studios titles that include the audience rejection of the Ezra Miller-starring The Flash, which collected just $268 million at the global box office against a $300 million budget, impacting toy sales for the project. "When you look at the Flash toys, the character from the movie that outsold everything else was Batman and the Batmobile," says Jordan Hembrough, founder of the toy retail site Hollywood Heroes. "And it's because people have this connection to Michael Keaton and his portrayal of the 1989 Batman."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/barbie-transformers-ninja-turtles-summer-toys-1235566369/

I do believe the budget was much more than $220 million, because of the numerous delays and reshoots. Which makes The Flash an even bigger failure. Keaton's Batman may have been more heavily marketed than the Flash himself, but it makes it even more regrettable his chance to play the character one more time wasn't a Burtonverse finale.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 20 Aug  2023, 00:58I do believe the budget was much more than $220 million
Well, that's a cinch. A glance at Wiki shows the movie grossed $268.5 million. With a box office like that, shill trades want to soften the studio's public embarrassment. If they claim the cost was $220 million, it looks less humiliating.

The same thing happened in the aftermath of Superman Returns. Suddenly, nobody was bragging about how much the movie cost anymore. They only ever mentioned the conversion rate between USD and AUD, tax rebates, DVD sales and so forth.

When things get to that level, that should tell you everything you need to know when it comes to a film's profitability.