Teaser Trailer online!

Started by gordonblu, Mon, 18 Jul 2011, 17:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Quote from: gordonblu on Mon, 18 Jul  2011, 17:11
It looks a little more fantastical than the Dark Knight.

I would consider that a plus!

Some screengrabs and a loop of the Batman/Bane confrontation.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

When I was first heard the description, I was a little surprised to hear that we'd be seeing Gordon in the hospital.  The teasers for Begins and Dark Knight gave very little away, so it seems odd to me that they'd show such an unexpected plot points.  One wonders-  how did he end up there?  An encounter with Bane?  Health issues?

And who is he talking to?  The obvious answer would be Batman, based on Gordon's words and the fact that Bale seems to be responding to him.  As you can see, on the left of the screen, there's an outline of somebody listening to Gordon's words. 
But is Gordon aware that Batman is Bruce Wayne or is Bruce disguised/in the Batsuit?

Who is climbing up the wall of the well?  It almost seems like it's Bruce, climbing out of the well that lead him into the Batcave (though I believe he boarded it up at the end of Begins), but considering Gordon's words, "this evil rises," it could be Bane.

Same goes for someone doing push-ups.  It's too dark for me to tell.  Again, is it Bruce training himself?  Bane in prison?

Best shot is the last one with Batman backing away from an approaching Bane.  But who is the person in white in the background on the right?
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Yeah, more fantastical is definitely a plus!

Also, in the hospital scene, I think Bale replies "what if he doesn't exist anymore?"

In my first viewing I didn't notice the person who looks like aiming with a rifle in the last shot. Is it a man or a woman, and is it there to help Batman, or to finish him off?

Batman seems to be panting in the shot of him with Bane.  Does this mean he has already gone a few rounds with Bane, and can we expect him to suffer a back-crippling pounding ala Knightfall?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

This teaser looked great on the big screen. I saw it when I went to see Harry Potter yesterday and it sent a shiver down my spine.

Batman definitely looks knackered here. I think he looks wet too. Maybe he's been lured into a trap in this scene, and the guy in the background is one of Bane's henchmen posted to stop him from escaping.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 18 Jul  2011, 20:15
Batman seems to be panting in the shot of him with Bane.  Does this mean he has already gone a few rounds with Bane, and can we expect him to suffer a back-crippling pounding ala Knightfall?
Personally, I think so. What else would put Batman out of commission? A beating wouldn't do it. Bruce isn't at a point where he'll just give up (this was explored in TDK). He needs to be incapacitated to stop him from being Batman now. And a big part of the Bane character is that he strikes only once.

And that's got to be Alfred aiming a gun up there. The fight looks to be in the batcave. Likely after Bruce has been out of the street, already exhausted before the two throw a single punch.

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Mon, 18 Jul  2011, 18:12

And who is he talking to?  The obvious answer would be Batman, based on Gordon's words and the fact that Bale seems to be responding to him.  As you can see, on the left of the screen, there's an outline of somebody listening to Gordon's words. 
But is Gordon aware that Batman is Bruce Wayne or is Bruce disguised/in the Batsuit?
It's Bruce with a black ski mask on to hide his identity. Here's a spy shot of TDKR in Gotham's hospital.

QuoteWho is climbing up the wall of the well?  It almost seems like it's Bruce, climbing out of the well that lead him into the Batcave (though I believe he boarded it up at the end of Begins), but considering Gordon's words, "this evil rises," it could be Bane.
If you pause it, you can see that the person looks bald, so chances are that it's Bane.

QuoteSame goes for someone doing push-ups.  It's too dark for me to tell.  Again, is it Bruce training himself?  Bane in prison?
This looks like Bale with a little bit of a beard, so it looks like Bruce. And I don't think he's in a jail cell, those look guard rails to me.

The ski mask explanation would make sense.

I agree with your other ideas that Bane is the one climbing up the well (I noticed that the clothes were tattered as well when I saw the teaser on the IMAX screen) and Bale is the one doing the push-ups (I did see a hint of facial hair as well).
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Tue, 19 Jul  2011, 23:50Bale is the one doing the push-ups (I did see a hint of facial hair as well).

I thought it was hardy doing the press-ups (judging by the shape of the face and the fact he is in a prison)