First pic of Bane released

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 20 May 2011, 16:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Hard to judge based on a shot from the side, but I like what I see so far (this is coming from someone who didn't care for the redesign of Joker's face in The Dark Knight). 

Still potentially scary and intimidating, while possibly keeping the mask's purpose for supplying him with Venom (if those are tubes around his mouth).

I'll miss the red eyes and the simplicity of the "luchador" mask in the comic, but I have a feeling Nolan maybe wanted to show as much of Hardy's face as possible.  I'll have to see more pics and Hardy in action to judge better.

Looking forward to more Bane pics as well as getting a look at Catwoman and, possibly, a new Batsuit and Batvehicle (if they're in the movie).
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

I think he looks quite good.

Very imtimidating looking...you could almost imagine him crushing Batman with a big bear hug!

Very much like it. Pure muscle, pure grit, pure aggression.

Hopefully we get one of these for Catwoman soon.

When I first saw it, I liked it for the most part, but the more I look at it, the more I'm not a fan. A member over at SHH(bwc05nole) made a nice sketch of what to expect it to look like from the front end. I dunno, not really a fan:

Different look for bane, but then again I'm pretty used to that when it comes to the Nolan films.

As far as the mask goes, it appears as if the Venom drug will be some sort of inhalant. Which gets around the whole injection directly to the brain stem. Wild guess.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I love it, I can't wait to see official poster ... also I fond some info on http://untitled-batman-project-trailer.blogspot.com/ there is also the Bane photo. Also there are details about a Batman reboot in 2015.

Quote from: 2movietrailer on Thu, 26 May  2011, 12:26
Also there are details about a Batman reboot in 2015.
Hilarious first post.

I like it, although I secretly wish he was still bigger, if you look at his arms, Bale had bigger arms than those in Begins. Anyway, should be good still.