New Poll: TDKR Aestethic/Look

Started by Grissom, Tue, 1 Mar 2011, 17:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Of all the possible changes in The Dark Knight Rises, which one will you most likely want to see?

The Bat-suit
2 (13.3%)
The Batmobile
3 (20%)
Gotham City
6 (40%)
The Bat-cave
4 (26.7%)
Gadgets
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: Mon, 21 Mar 2011, 17:14

Tue, 1 Mar 2011, 17:14 Last Edit: Tue, 1 Mar 2011, 17:22 by Grissom
I have heard alot of discussion on the look of Nolan's Batman and seeing that some changes were made in TDK, here is a poll I came up with in terms of what look or aesthitic would you want to change or would like to change for the sequel.

I would love a different Batsuit, man do I wish it was like the previous suits, aka the first Franchise, not like the new one's, but it won't happen.

I don't mind the suits in the current franchise....I kinda dig the chain-mail influence on TDKs suit.

I really want to see a pimped up cave.  I think a new batmobile might be a given in TDKR.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Wed,  2 Mar  2011, 16:10
I think a new batmobile might be a given in TDKR.
I've heard that the Tumbler will return, but will be remodelled to look a tad more traditional.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Wed,  2 Mar  2011, 16:10

I really want to see a pimped up cave.  I think a new batmobile might be a given in TDKR.
I think both the cave and the Batmobile are a given.

As much as I hate TDK-suit, I hated the way Gotham looked in TDK more. If it looks closer to the way it was presented in BB, I'll be MUCH happier.

I sort of lose hope for Gotham city itself ans we see where Nolan stands in relation to the look of it. I would say the Batmobile is numero uno for me. I read an article of one of the production designers saying that he designed a batmobile for Batman Begins but wasn't used, but he said it could be used later. Not sure what that means. I would love a sleeker look and more bat-like. without sacrificing the practically of it.

What colour does everyone think TDKR will be?

I mean BB was predominately brown, TDK was predominately blue...

...I think red will be the new colour!

Thoughts?

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Fri, 11 Mar  2011, 01:43
What colour does everyone think TDKR will be?
I'm thinking a golden colour. You know, the dawn. Differentiated from the BB rusty brown, but enough to suggest the palette has come full circle. The blue DK tint can remain at the beggining of the film, but the gold emerges as the situation improves.

A recent rewatching of Batman Begins and TDK back-to-back made me realize more clearly how much more "dark" (visually) and stylized the film was (especially near the climax) compared to the shinier and more "realwordly" TDK (and I don't refer to the hallucination scenes - just the overall feel. The atmosphere in Gotham felt "thicker" in BB). I hope the third film has a more stylized look than TDK - as much Nolan is allowed to do anyway in the "realistic" framework he already established.

As for the suit and the gadgets - I still think they look underwhelming in pictures (especially the suit), but when you see them in action in the actual movie they improve a lot.

So, I voted "Gotham".