Hathaway and Hardy Cast!

Started by Grissom, Wed, 19 Jan 2011, 18:00

Previous topic - Next topic
I, for one, am rather underwhelmed by the choice of Hathaway. I would've much preferred a lesser-known actress with more gravitas.

Still, unless I'm missing something, WB never stated she'll be Catwoman, just Selina Kyle. So maybe she never actually wears a costume in the film. I believe Nolan was the one who didn't even want Scarecrow to have a mask (Goyer convinced him otherwise) so it's not that much of a stretch.

They could be taking her back to her original appearance, as a mysterious thief known only as "The Cat".
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Quote from: phantom stranger on Sun, 23 Jan  2011, 23:28
I believe Nolan was the one who didn't even want Scarecrow to have a mask (Goyer convinced him otherwise) so it's not that much of a stretch.
I actually asked David Goyer about this after a WGA event, since I'd only read about this on sites like IMDB trivia and message boards, and he denied that he had to convince Nolan about the Scarecrow mask.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Mon, 24 Jan 2011, 12:52 #63 Last Edit: Mon, 24 Jan 2011, 12:59 by SilentEnigma
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 22 Jan  2011, 11:57
Some of the folks on the IMDb are already foolishly proclaiming that Hathaway will blow Pfeiffer's performance away.  ::)

Oh.My.God. Being away from movie/bat-related forums for a while made me completely forget about the Nolanerds. These guys tried too hard to taint the experience of TDK, and now they touch their pizza-stained keyboards to strike back :)

Quote from: The Joker on Sat, 22 Jan  2011, 21:54

Those folks are a extremely predictable lot.

Indeed.

EDIT: On the subject of Catwoman, I don't think a tight-fitting black outfit with a black mask is too "fancy" for a universe where a rich guy dresses up as a mutant SWAT guy with ears on his helmet. There's no excuse to have her without a costume for the sake of "realism", and I doubt they'll go that route!

My take on the news: http://scarecrow756.blog.com/
"Tell me something my friend, you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight"- The Joker- Batman 89

"I guess I`m tired of wearing masks"- Selina Kyle- Batman Returns

"But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely...a legend Mr Wayne"- Henri Ducard- Batman Begins

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian, I can do those things cause I`m not a hero not like Dent"- Batman- The Dark Knight

Nice analysis on your blog there, scarecrow.

I just want to to throw out something else, how long do you guys think the film will be? TDK was around 2 and a half hours and since Nolan is essentially wrapping up his trilogy and all the locations we are hearing they are going to film, plus what happened at the end of TDK. I think there is going to be alot of story to cover as well and exposition of the main villains. I wouldn't mind a bat-film pushing 3 hrs. Just my little 2 cents.

I know it's something small (runtime) but what do you guys think?

Quote from: Grissom on Mon, 24 Jan  2011, 18:14

I just want to to throw out something else, how long do you guys think the film will be? TDK was around 2 and a half hours and since Nolan is essentially wrapping up his trilogy and all the locations we are hearing they are going to film, plus what happened at the end of TDK. I think there is going to be alot of story to cover as well and exposition of the main villains. I wouldn't mind a bat-film pushing 3 hrs. Just my little 2 cents.

To tell you the truth, I hope it's not as long as TDK. I like the time on BB at around 140 min.

Quote from: SilentEnigma on Mon, 24 Jan  2011, 12:52
EDIT: On the subject of Catwoman, I don't think a tight-fitting black outfit with a black mask is too "fancy" for a universe where a rich guy dresses up as a mutant SWAT guy with ears on his helmet. There's no excuse to have her without a costume for the sake of "realism", and I doubt they'll go that route!

Exactly. NO excuse whatsoever.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I agree, Catwoman, should look like Catwoman.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."