Killer Croc

Started by Edd Grayson, Fri, 19 Jul 2013, 10:05

Previous topic - Next topic
Croc didn't have to run for mayor if he was in the movie they adapted that part from the 60's show and it was meant for Penguin anyway.

But hey, why be biased? Croc will get us out of hock! Vote for the Croc ;D

my campaign slogan was better

I liked him in the Arkham game but that was just a game, I want him in a movie.

The issue is it's hard to give a character like that humanity. He's a good character for games and comics but has he even been in a popular cartoon let alone live action? I guess stranger things have happened but I think his place may have been in one of those old school monster films.

Quote from: riddler on Tue, 30 Jul  2013, 01:46The issue is it's hard to give a character like that humanity. He's a good character for games and comics but has he even been in a popular cartoon let alone live action? I guess stranger things have happened but I think his place may have been in one of those old school monster films.
The same argument could've been made about Ra's al-Ghul... and in some ways is still valid. Ditto Scarecrow.

The thing about Killer Croc is that he seems to lack humanity because humanity has rejected him... However I must point out that in many ways he has more humanity than most do... As we've seen in the comics and other media, he does deep down have a good heart... He's cared for a child like his own... Attempted to defend and protect a woman he thought was being abused...  And he's experienced grief over the loss of the ones he's cared for... The truth behind Killer Croc is that he's not to blame for his actions... If Batman and the other citizens of Gotham showed sympathy and offered to help, rather than make him miserable for his looks, then I believe things would be going a lot differently for him...

I think Croc is still very human, and I mean that with all qualities humans have, but he was rejected by society. I don't think he's a very complex character, but great as he is.

Quote from: Killer Croc on Sun, 29 Nov  2015, 21:15The thing about Killer Croc is that he seems to lack humanity because humanity has rejected him... However I must point out that in many ways he has more humanity than most do... As we've seen in the comics and other media, he does deep down have a good heart... He's cared for a child like his own... Attempted to defend and protect a woman he thought was being abused...  And he's experienced grief over the loss of the ones he's cared for... The truth behind Killer Croc is that he's not to blame for his actions... If Batman and the other citizens of Gotham showed sympathy and offered to help, rather than make him miserable for his looks, then I believe things would be going a lot differently for him...
His actions are his own. He's responsible for them.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

The world you grow up in is what shapes you... Imagine living your life with everyone running away from you when you simply look their way... Then add people... Even your own mother... Constantly hating you and telling you that you're a freak for something you can't control... Not so easy now, is it?