Birds of Prey (TV series)

Started by Edd Grayson, Sat, 1 Nov 2014, 17:10

Previous topic - Next topic
I just got into it and it's really not that bad. What do you think of it?  :)

I have vague memories of the show, but I didn't remember anything that stood out as objectionable like lots of people make it out to be. Then again, the only thing I could remember about that show was the gothic atmosphere.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I found the opening first few minutes of the pilot, where Helena witnesses her mother Selina Kyle's murder, and Barbara gets shot by Joker. Notice the quick shots of Batgirl in a fight and Mark Hamill's voice cameo at the end.

I also found the intro as narrated by Alfred (played by the late Ian Abercrombie, aka Mr Pitt from Seinfeld). If you look at the Batsuit carefully, it's the same one as George Clooney wore in B&R.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Sat, 12 Dec 2015, 05:40 #3 Last Edit: Sat, 12 Dec 2015, 05:43 by Edd Grayson
I think Ashley Scott and Dina Meyer and Mia Sara did a solid job as Helena/Huntress, Barbara/Oracle and Harleen, and Rachel Skarsten was good as the youngest of the heroines, Dinah. Their Alfred was pretty similar to Gough too. And it was a nice touch that Harley was Helena's therapist.  ;)

Shemar Moore was okay as Huntress' "Gordon" and also love interest Det. Jesse Reese.

This is a Batman show with no Batman in it, however the protagonists are closely tied to him, and it's a sequel of sorts. I like it, even if the individual episodes were not stellar, the show has its charm and I always appreciate a series that is not afraid to embrace the comics and in this case, the Burton films as well.

And it is interesting that they said Catwoman did have superhuman powers, or "metahuman", and Helena inherited them.

I own this on DVD. I like it fine.

God bless you all! God bless everyone!