Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Thu, 31 Jul 2014, 17:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue, 13 Aug  2019, 15:01Besides, anybody who claims the costume belongs in a Joel Schumacher Batman movie has no credibility whatsoever.
This. If anything, I always thought that version of Daredevil's uniform would look mostly right at home in a Zack Snyder film.

And coming from me, that's high praise indeed.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon, 28 Oct  2019, 05:53
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/charlie-cox-good-confirmed-return-daredevil-mcu-movies/

Please let this pan out.
As you know, I?m a bit of a critic of the MCU. But I?m willing to forgive and overlook a lot of things if Cox comes back to play the character again.

Most ideally, he?ll continue what he started in the Netflixverse.

I meant to post this vid back in October, but I forgot. It's one of Corridor Crew's Stuntmen React videos, and this time the guest is Eric Linden, who, amongst other things, worked on the Marvel Netflix shows. He talks about the one-shot fight scenes from Daredevil seasons 1 and 2 at the 7:19 mark and has some high praise for Charlie Cox's martial arts/screen fighting skills.

In recent months there have been numerous rumours about Daredevil getting resurrected in one form or another, but no concrete announcements yet. The Netflix embargo should finally run out later this year, which means an official announcement should arrive before Christmas.

I thought the season 1 fight was intended to look like a oner but it had cuts to it. Interesting to learn that, no, it was an in fact a legit oner.

Honestly, the oner thing is fine. But the real draw of those fights is the visceral choreography and vision of the performers and the stunt coordinator. I don't need those things to be true oners in order to adore them. Oner or not, they're technically amazing on every possible level.

The Netflix thing. Honestly, I'm of two minds about all this. Part of me actually prefers the Netflixverse being it's own unique thing. But another part of me still wants to at least see Cox get legitimized as THE Daredevil of the MCU. So hmm.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 13 Jan  2020, 01:05
The Netflix thing. Honestly, I'm of two minds about all this. Part of me actually prefers the Netflixverse being it's own unique thing. But another part of me still wants to at least see Cox get legitimized as THE Daredevil of the MCU. So hmm.

I honestly prefer Cox's Daredevil to stay the hell away from the MCU. I never thought I'd say that. But looking at how the characters have gotten dumbed down or turned into obnoxious comic relief (or both) over the last few years, I'd hate to think how drastically toned down Cox would be to satisfy that quippy PG-13 formula.

Be careful what you wish for.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Fri, 10 Apr 2020, 08:13 #217 Last Edit: Sat, 2 May 2020, 12:32 by The Laughing Fish
It's not from the Bat In The Sun YouTube channel, but here is this pretty cool fight between Daredevil and Nightwing.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Bizarrely, Deborah Ann Woll has not landed any acting jobs since Daredevil season 3. I say 'bizarrely' because she was amazing in this show. She and Joanne Whalley both deserved some award recognition for their work on season 3, if only the major awards hadn't been so determined to ignore DD.

According to Woll:

Quote"I'm just really wondering whether I'll get to work again, whether anyone wants to work with me again, and whether I still have it, all of those scary things. And part of my brain goes, 'No, you're just being crazy, calm down.' But the part of me that loves [acting] and the problem with being an artist and an actor, and any of these professions where you put a piece of your soul into your work is that it becomes a part of your identity.

"If I'm not acting, I'm not sure who I am. And since it's been so long since I got to do it, I'm struggling a little bit with how to maintain my self-worth, my sense of my own value. . . . I haven't had an acting job since, and that's been really hard for me. So even before COVID kind of flipped the world on its head, I was struggling with this."
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/deborah-ann-woll-reveals-career-woes-post-daredevil-co-stars-respond/

Some of her co-stars have tweeted their support.

Her scene with D'Onofrio was one of the most intense moments in season 3. And that was largely down to Woll's performance.

It boggles my mind that she isn't getting more acting work. Hopefully Marvel will bring Deb back along with Charlie when they announce whatever they have in store for Daredevil. But even outside of her role as Karen, she should be getting more work.