Major announcement rumoured for Batman/Superman team-up movie!

Started by Paul (ral), Sat, 20 Jul 2013, 18:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 04:38
Snyder will have to do something to give Metropolis and Gotham City instantly recognizable appearances. If they didn't have such a boner for making things realistic, it wouldn't be hard to do at all. But as things stand, I got nuthin. Maybe this will be a transition toward something less realistic. I can hope anyway.
My hope is that the only reason why Metropolis looked like a regular, real world city in Man of Steel was because most of it was going to get destroyed anyway.  In this installment, Lex could help rebuild most of the city, making it into one that's closer to the comics, which would turn the "look of Metropolis" into an actual plot point.

But maybe I'm hoping for too much already...
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

I think the 'real-world' aesthetic will look ridiculous if the series is building up to the JLA with super-powered Amazonians and green-skinned aliens etc.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I jsut want you guys to know that it's beyond awesome reading your viewpoints about this news and the possibilities of the project.

It's fantastic being around people as knowledgeable as you guys are about the Batman.

I feel enriched everytime I read any of the posts' you guys write.

Thanks a lot !
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 17:22
I think the 'real-world' aesthetic will look ridiculous if the series is building up to the JLA with super-powered Amazonians and green-skinned aliens etc.

Same here, I just hope they won't turn Wonder Woman into a super-soldier or something. I could see them doing that for "realism".

Quote from: Batman88 on Tue, 23 Jul  2013, 11:52
I jsut want you guys to know that it's beyond awesome reading your viewpoints about this news and the possibilities of the project.

It's fantastic being around people as knowledgeable as you guys are about the Batman.

Thanks a lot !
I hope that's not a good bye call. You come back now, ya here?!  ;) 8)

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue, 23 Jul  2013, 12:28

Same here, I just hope they won't turn Wonder Woman into a super-soldier or something. I could see them doing that for "realism".

That, and re-inventing the Flash by making him wear a powered-armor suit i.e. GI Joe because it's him becoming naturally fast is "unrealistic". Or Metallo is just some scientist who discovered Kryptonite, not being cyborg himself. Or Prankster having a Glasgow smile on his face because being a clownish figure is "unrealistic"...I'll get my coat.  :-[
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue, 23 Jul  2013, 12:34
Quote from: Batman88 on Tue, 23 Jul  2013, 11:52

Thanks a lot !
I hope that's not a good bye call. You come back now, ya here?!  ;) 8)

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue, 23 Jul  2013, 12:28

That, and re-inventing the Flash by making him wear a powered-armor suit i.e. GI Joe because it's him becoming naturally fast is "unrealistic". Or Metallo is just some scientist who discovered Kryptonite, not being cyborg himself. Or Prankster having a Glasgow smile on his face because being a clownish figure is "unrealistic"...I'll get my coat.  :-[

Hey Laughing Fish, I ain't going anywhere, don't worry  ;), it was just a commendation for you guys and the awesome opinions you have on all things Batman.
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

Might be interesting (if the rumors are true that this is taking a Batman V Superman approach) to cast Batman as THE antagonist of the movie. and once the dust settles allow some professional animosity to carry on into JLA. As the film progresses you reveal more and more about this 'volatile vigilante in Gotham City that Superman is not hearing nice things about. Nut job. Fanatic.

Anticlimactic. maybe, to not have a villain that enters the final act, especially considering it'll be the first on screen pairing and it might make a fizzle of the ending if they end in stalemate and not in working together. But, I'd certainly welcome a break from the typical 'each man wins a round, and are ultimately manipulated into huge throw down midpoint in the movie by a villain, which of course falters and they mash his house/hq/business empire down'. Might be cool to foreshadow the events of TDKR2 if not, obviously, outright do it.

Then again, seeing Bruce combat Lex Luthor on a cooperate level, and Superman as a villain is enticing.

QuoteI speculate the plot will be something like this: LexCorp helps rebuild Metropolis following the climax from the first film, and Luthor has some political agenda while earning people's trust as they fear Superman. Batman, a wanted vigilante, comes to Metropolis to investigate what sort of scheme Luthor is really involved, and possibly after an initial confrontation with Superman, the two will join forces as they look to expose Luthor.

This is exactly what I'd hope for, with the 'rebuilding of metropolis' woven in.  From what I understand, Supes' originators eventually moved the man of steel to Metropolis as a nod to Fritz Lang--and what an impressive production design that film has even by today's standards!  Here's hoping.  :)

As others have mentioned, there will need to be sharp aesthetic differences between Gotham and Metropolis.  The story will not be serviced by Chicago/Pittsburgh for Gotham. 

I was lukewarm to MoS (certainly an upgrade from Superman Returns, but the third act lacked logic, was a bit messy, and I didn't like that JK died for a dog), and hated hated hated Dark Knight Rises.  Despite the same creative team being in control of the project, this is the first time in several years I've been excited for a DC-based property!  :)  Possibly due to the filmmaker's need to betray the American realism sub-genre angle they had attempted in their previous version of Batman as it's now Batman and an Alien. 

Fan man-ip of Josh Brolin as Batman

www.batman-online.com/gallery/4063/fan-manip-of-josh-brolin-as-batman-superman-batman-movie

^ While we're at it, here's a fan made teaser poster I found on the 'net:

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei