Prologue/Epilogue

Started by Darth Vader, Mon, 21 Jan 2008, 08:20

Previous topic - Next topic
Summarize your take on Batman's beginning and end. Take ideas, implications, concepts from B89/BR, and be creative too.

Prologue: Bruce Wayne departs from America for the Eastern countries, training under the best martial arts masters, residing most of his pre-Batman years in Japan. When attaining highest rank and besting every last one of his peers and teachers, he returns to Gotham to prepare the crafting of the Batsuit, Batmobile, gadgets, and cave.

[Insert B89/BR]

Epilogue: He is Gotham's hero until old age takes its toll. Bruce lives out a quiet life in his mansion, hosting the occasional exclusive party, and frequently bedding hotties.
The B89 photos you refer to will soon be back in our hands.

Mon, 21 Jan 2008, 08:33 #1 Last Edit: Mon, 21 Jan 2008, 08:37 by Darth Vader
It just occured to me. In Batman Beyond it's explained that Bruce Wayne designed a robotic suit when he started getting older. I'm sure this version would go that route. He seems like the type of guy who would fight crime, even if he was elderly. In Batman Beyond he stopped because of what happened to Tim Drake... this version wouldn't have a Robin side-kick, so Hmmmm.
The B89 photos you refer to will soon be back in our hands.

Quote from: Darth Vader on Mon, 21 Jan  2008, 08:33
It just occured to me. In Batman Beyond it's explained that Bruce Wayne designed a robotic suit when he started getting older. I'm sure this version would go that route. He seems like the type of guy who would fight crime, even if he was elderly. In Batman Beyond he stopped because of what happened to Tim Drake... this version wouldn't have a Robin side-kick, so Hmmmm.

No, actually he stopped because he'd gotten too feeble (the heart attack while trying to rescue the Vreeland child). And the robotic suit put too much strain on his heart.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Not too get off the topic, but, I hought that the scene where Bruce had to pick up the gun to scare the criminal from beating him to death was one of the saddest Batman scenes ever.

Mon, 21 Jan 2008, 20:01 #4 Last Edit: Mon, 21 Jan 2008, 20:06 by Gotham Knight
Pro:  Bruce Wayne departs to the Eastern World, learning from a wide variety of people who also seem out of place and are not typically people who appear tohave the kind of attention to detail Bruce needs in the various aspects of his hopeful trade. He spends many years away.

Bat/Returns

Ep: He and Selina meet again, and although they never officially become n item, they remain very close. Batman continues his war on crime. Catwoman finds her own shaky place in vigilantism, eventually claming a sector for her checkered protection. Harvey Dent engages in a professional and secretive relationship with Batman, the two doing what they can to eliminate criminal elements. He is scarred by a mob button man on trial and becomes Two Face. Ultimately, Batman is forced to bring him down in one of the most terrible moments in his life, second only to his parent?s murder.

Batman fights long past his prime, eventually accepting he can no longer keep up with the mounting crime waves. In his extreme old age (70 plus years old) and retired for at least 10 years  (If Indiana Jones can do his thing in his 60?s why can?t the Batman who has kept in impressive health do so as well), he meets a very disturbed and troubled teenager (15 years old) named Dick Grayson, whom he accepts into his care after the ward was orphaned due to his parents murder in a circus event to which he was present. The teenager discovers the disused batcave and pleads for Bruce to train him in order to work out his anger and inner torment mirroring Bruce?s own journey. After battling with his inner demons that still push him to make a difference, Wayne accepts. Gotham, in Batman's long absence, begins to crumble as Bruce trains Grayson to the best of his ability in old age. Grayson, an acrobat, learns quickly and develops his own improvisational techniques from his already honed skills as a circus performer After a few years, Grayson matures, takes a short sabbatical to find himself in the outside world and returns to dawn the identity of Nightwing (19 years old). The new crime fighter era begins in Gotham, Bruce remains an ever watchful mentor.

PS. I enjoy Batman Beyond as an AU, but it is hard for me to believe that when Bruce Wayne enters old age he would be living in a ultra futuristic world in which people run around in hover cars. I feel the area would have updated moderately over time, but it would still be very typically urban Gotham City.

I know that this isn?t the canon history for Dick Grayson, however I?ve never liked the Robin concept and have largely seen him as the watering down of the legend of the Dark Knight. Though I feel Tim Burton was toying with ideas in exploring Robin, he didn?t care for the character (as he Explained in the SE dvds of Bat and Returns) and if avoidable, and without producer interventions, he would have ignored him at all costs in a third film.    I feel in my version of events of ?Batman?s end,? after  the events dealing with Two Face, which I would consider the third installment taking place many years before, rather than Mr. McGinnis taking up the Batman identity, an older Grayson character has massive potential in ignoring the Robin mantle and skipping right into Nightwing as a replacement for Bats in his retirement rather than being some sidekick or lackey. You could take Grayson in a much more serious direction that way and give him some gravity.

Quote from: shadowbat69 on Mon, 21 Jan  2008, 19:48
Not too get off the topic, but, I hought that the scene where Bruce had to pick up the gun to scare the criminal from beating him to death was one of the saddest Batman scenes ever.

In a good way or a bad way??

I'll miss you dad xx