Batman Forever was Tim Burton's film as well

Started by Keatonfan#1, Fri, 18 Jan 2008, 03:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Since he did produce it and he did a good job

I also want to say that he produced Batman Forever just like he did Nightmare Before Christmas, James and the Giant Peach and Cabin Boy. He worked out a lot of the story with Joel Schumacher and the Batchlers.

I gave a reply to this topic in the other thread. Burton did not have alot of input in the story for Forever. Actually, he had little to no involvement in Forever. His name was kept on as a producer for no real reason. He himself has even said this as has Peter Macgregor. He had 1 meeting with Schumacher and Joel simply stated the direction he wanted to go with the whole "duality" theme, that was it. Burton said "thats it. you got it. go with it." Done. As far as any script or story, Joel himslef said that there was an very early and rough outline that had some intersting ideas, but it wasnt what he wanted to do.

The fact of the matter is, Forever is not a Burton film. It is not the final chapter to his "Batman Trilogy". There have been written interviews, video interviews that state these things. Very little to nothing actually exists from Burton himself that gives any detail to what his 3rd Batman movie would have been. I whole heartedly wish we can get an interview with him so that we can seperate the fact from the internet rumor that has rampant over the years.

Sorry shadow bat but you are really miss informed Tim Burton was very much involved with Batman Forever he was on set for the entire filming of the film he worked on the story with Joel Schumacher and the batchlers and Batman Forever is the final chapter in Tim Burton's Batman Trilogy which Burton has stated many times since Batman Forever's release. Also Batman & Robin has nothing to do what so ever with Burton's Trilogy the only reason Batman & Robin was made was because that Batman Forever was a big success, So warner Bros. wanted to a another film mainly just for money so Batman & Robin is a film that completely stands on its own, which Warner Bros. has stated many times over the years and they wish they had never made Batman & Robin. So Basically yes Batman Forever was the final chapter in Burton's Batman Trilogy. Tim Burton is a movie making wizard.

Ive replied to this in the other thread. This is some amazing information I must say. Seriuosly, you need to really watch and read up on your history with Burton, Keaton, WB, Schumacher and the Batman franchise.

If there is indeed proof of all this info youre stating here, you are sitting on some very, very, very rare stuff. Also, this contradicts what Burton, Keaton, and everyone else involved in 89, Returns, and Forever has ever said.

I mean, seriously, Im not trying to start anything here, we love discussion on this board, but the things you are stating here concerning Forever is really off the mark.

What are you talking about mykbyk Tim burton was producer of Batman Forever

Here are the facts Tim Burton left the franchise after Batman Forever
Michael Keaton left the franchise after Batman Returns

I think this guy's a few Batarangs short of a full Utility Belt.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Warners kept Burton's name attached to make the transition as smooth as possible. Just like sticking Tarantino's name onto "Hostel."

Burton had one meeting, and left it at that. Both he and Michael left after "Batman Returns."

CFE

Okay, before I have to lock my first thread LOL, there are mixed facts and fiction in your posts both on here and in the other thread.

Burton and Keaton both left after Returns. WB did not want Burton doing a third film after the backlash from Returns. Warner Bros chose Schumacher. Joel wanted to have a meeting with Burton out of "professional courtesy". They had one meeting, then Burton walked away. Burton was never on set, Burton was producer in name only. This has been verified by Burton, Schumacher, and Macgregor.

Keaton left because he didnt like the script or direction the film was going in. He has said this many times in many interviews.

Youre on a Burton Batman fan site. Believe me, we're just not going to lie to you about the information concerning him or his 2 Batfilms. The information we have is either written interviews or recorded interviews. If you have somehow been misled in some of your information then this is the place to find out truth from fiction.

Stick around, learn some things, have some discussion, and welcome to the forum.

Hey guys I just want to let you know that I made a lot of this stuff up just for laughs I am huge Tim Burton fan and I am a Michael Keaton fan also but I thought Burton visted the set just once to see how things were going I think I read that on a Tim Burton fan website if I find that website I will post it on here. I love Burton's 2 Batman films and I thought the 3rd film was ok.

Remember I didn't want to piss anybody off I just wanted to see if anybody would believe me.

Tim Burton rules