Attn UK Bats: Tim Burton Season - December BFI Southbank

Started by PJ, Sat, 1 Dec 2007, 14:41

Previous topic - Next topic
The BFI are hosting a Tim Burton season at their cinema on the South Bank in London. Films showing include Batman and Batman Returns once more on the big screen ON MY BIRTHDAY! I'm so happy, best birthday present ever. After a disapointing week Batman wise (what is going on with The Dark Knight?) today is awesome, not only B89 back on the big screen, but my Blade Runner box set came today too!

Here the link http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_southbank/film_programme/december_seasons/tim_burton

I've booked my tickets for Batman on the 16th, don't think I can do Batman Returns though. Any one else going?
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Fantastic, I just saw this in the latest issue of Empire magazine

edit: this is now shown in our new calender. click on calender above

Are you going Raleagh?

sadly not, its too far for me to trek - especially with christmas coming up!

are you going with a crowd? it would be great to get some feedback of the event from you afterwards.

Met up with Gary (89Batman) and his lovely missus, who kindly took this photo.

It was awesome. So awesome that we're going again this Saturday! Such a great experience seeing it on the big screen again.

Quite a few actually, more than I expected. Probably about 100 people. One woman was laughing at Nicholson's lines like she'd never heard them before!

I have never seen Batman Returns in a cinema.  It would be great.

The first VHS i bought was Batman Returns in 4:3.  A few years later Warner released a 16:9 version on VHS under the fantasy vision label.  It was like watching an entirely new film, it gave me a new appreciation for it.  For some time afterwards I was telling people who weren't sold on Returns to watch the 16:9 version and they would like it.

I wish they would do a rerelease here in the states. Id love to see Batman on the screen again.

You guys are lucky. Get Gary to dress up in his suit next time. lol

Having seen B89 on the big screen earlier this year, let me add to the discussion that it's like nothing else on Earth.

For this Batfan, it will always be the definitive film.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton