catwoman returns - redeux

Started by Catwoman, Sat, 25 Jul 2009, 04:29

Previous topic - Next topic
damnit. f*** it. i've worked so hard on this for absolutely nothing and all i wanted was people to tell me if it was good or not and what they thought. f*** it.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 31 Jul  2009, 20:09
Great writing Catwoman.  You've obviously put a lot of thought into it.  Although I'm still surprised that Dick Grayson is such a jerk in this...

Can we have some more of the supporting characters soon?  Also, is Batman (or even Catwoman) going to make an appearance in costume and kick some bad guys' butts?   :)

1st off ty for saying something.

2nd he isn't a jerk. he's just a ladies man and the typical "two heads, only enough blood to work one at the time" sort lol.

3rd, yes. and i'm going to introduce some new characters here soon plus commisioner gordon.

4th. of course. its called CATWOMAN returns. its getting close. both bruce and selina will be in costume around chapter 11 and for much of the story after that.

Quote from: catwoman on Fri, 31 Jul  2009, 20:14
2nd he isn't a jerk. he's just a ladies man and the typical "two heads, only enough blood to work one at the time" sort lol.

;D  I've never heard that expression before.  That's pretty funny.  Selina should probably use a line like that some point in your story.  That's the kind of thing she might say to Chip Shreck in my own fanfiction.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

thanks i will.

get on msn, please. :)

Sat, 8 Aug 2009, 00:55 #24 Last Edit: Sat, 8 Aug 2009, 02:22 by Batnar
Well now. I FINALLY got around to reading the rest of this. VERY VERY nice work here. I was really captivated by the emotional roller coaster. At some points of the story, it really did depress me lol. I was beginning to derail from it and wonder about my own life. But I got back on track and enjoyed the rest.

I'm liking where this is going. I hope Bruce can begin to see he needs to be a little more loving to Selina's needs because it was killing me when he would just let her be all alone in her own turmoil, pretending everything's alright, knowing something was wrong. Though I understand his perception to let her have her space.

What an imaginative story here. I can almost see the rainy setting too. Dick needs a reality check soon. lol. And I can't wait to read Selina back in her cat suit, ready to kick tail again.
I love it when someone was in their prime, lose it all literally, then work their way back to the top. The general rhythm of life which makes things so much more interesting.

"I like. I like it a lot. - Bruce Wayne"  ;)
I recommend everyone to take some free time to read it. Its really good stuff.

ps. sorry it took me forever to read this.
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Batnar, will you be able to read my story?   ;)

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Sure thing man. Sorry, I tend to read one fanfic at a time, usually waiting for it to finish before I leap onto another because I tend to mix myself up when reading 2 or 3 different fan fics at once. (yeah my mind is pretty weak like that lol)
But I promise I'll check it out as soon as I can.  :)
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   

oh god now gobbsy'll be on my ass constantly to finish. ::)

haha! :)

Okay!

Very nice writing there, Catwoman. For me, it kinda indirectly reminds me of the Earth-2 Golden Age Batman history found in the DC Comics. Which I think is simply awesome. Why do I say that? Mainly because your stories are centered on a obviously aging Bruce Wayne, Selina Kyle, and Dick Grayson. Which is exactly what the Earth-2 history eventually dealt with. Only your story is set in the Burton/Schumacher continuity. So really, it's basically having the best of both worlds.

Bruce feeling alone as time passes by, especially seems like something that would certainly happen in the future of Batman. As people change, priorities change. Which is definately evident with Dick Grayson in this story, but as we all know Bruce cannot lessen up on his war with Gotham's Underworld, even if it means he will ultimately be fighting it alone. And it feels right.

Selina's battle to overcome age, and weight is certainly a realistic point of view with someone who has obviously aged like she has in the story, but still has that burning desire to continue on with her Catwoman persona, despite her limitations. Which in effect, mirrors Bruce Wayne as Batman as well. I found her reunion with Bruce to be very effective and well done. Good Job, Catwoman.

Dick Grayson so far is a bit too flaky for my tastes so far. However, I can see the Chris O'Donnell Robin from the Burton/Schumacher-verse going down this path. Ultimately, I think he will eventually redeem himself. Even if it might take a little time for him to get back into the swing of things, that doesnt have anything to do with his own personal self interest.

Never really found Chip Schrek to be exceptionally bright from what I saw of him in Batman Returns, however you can't always judge from a limited amount of screentime exactly how a character really is, so I can go with this version of Chip being quite suave, and not-to-mention, successful. His fate in the film was one of those questions that was left unanswered, but I admit that I do like the direction you have given him. His mentioning of his father upon recognizing Selina was a nice touch.

All in all, very nice work.  8)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."