catwoman returns - redeux

Started by Catwoman, Sat, 25 Jul 2009, 04:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Great chapter Catwoman, but I thought you told me that Selina hadn't got that fat...

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

she didn't. they're just concieted and shallow.

gobbsy i love ya but gah i wish someone else would comment for a change. :(

i'm sure people will when they have a chance to read it.

i haven't had a chance to read it yet - been workin' (so much to do - so little time)

bleh

people need to get their priorities in order! >:(

jk! :P :P :P

chapter 6

"good morning, gotham city," fuzzy freeman said into his microphone as his show went on air. "lets begin with a little weather check." he paused, saying nothing for a good minute. first-time listeners to the fuzzy morning show  might have expected him to be accessing the weather for the day on the internet, but seasoned listeners had fuzzy's "weather report" memorized by heart.

"hey if you're waiting for me to tell you the weather, keep waiting. do what i do, get off your lazy asses and look out the window, you bums!"

if gothamites had looked out the window, they would have seen a familiar sight: a steady rainfall. some of the lower-lying areas on the city's outskirts had been flooded by all the rain that had poured down onto the city in recent weeks. in fact, the last two months were two of the wettest on record for gotham. with temperatures becoming chillier by the day and the rain showing no sign of letting up, a snowy winter was assured. talk of a white christmas excited some, especially gotham's children, but most people within the city were more concerned by the here and now, namely the very, very cold rain pelting them as they walked to and from their jobs. dreary and depressing didn't begin to describe it.

in her bedroom, selina was safe from the dreary side of things, but depressing was another matter. being with bruce wayne was supposed to have been the magic touch needed to make her life a happy one. of course, it was hard for things to progress when she was sleeping in a small bedroom barely large enough to hold a bed, a mirror, and one large dresser and still have room for her to walk around while bruce was still occupying the master bedroom. they had agreed, though, to keep that arrangement for a time, to allow them to adjust to one another's company and not rush things and perhaps doom their relationship.

selina sighed as she stared  up at the ceiling. she then looked down at the end of her bed and studied her feet for a moment. her toenails were a glittery pink, as she had kept her inner little girl close to her heart even after turning 40. deciding a little self analyzation might do her some good, selina unbuttoned her gown as she lay in her bed and opened it, giving her full view of her entire body. she noted the details: a scar on her left shin from a childhood accident; a rose tattoo on her left breast and a small butterfly tattoo on her right hip from her rebellious teen years; another scar on her right knee from surgery for ligament damage she suffered as catwoman; the unclosed hole where she had her navel pierced three years earlier only to decide it wasn't for her, especially since she was unable to show it in public due to the other scars on her stomach.

selina was lost in her own body when she was startled by a knock at her door. she gasped and pulled her gown closed. "who is it?" "its me, bruce."

she quickly fastened the buttons to her nightgown and rushed to the door, nearly tripping over herself. "are you alright?" bruce asked once she opened the door and he noticed her still shaking from being so startled. "ye...yes i'm fine. just had a nightmare is all," she replied. "nightmare, huh? about what?" selina pondered for a moment. "uh, i don't really remember it, you know. it just scared the hell out of me and i had just woken up when you knocked." bruce could tell that as alert as she was, she had definately not just woken up, but he didn't press the issue.

"i'm going out for the day, dick and his three or four girlfriends will be here along with the maids but they won't bother you. if you need anything, call me." "okay," she said. bruce looked at her for a moment. "are you sure you're okay?" "huh? yeah, yeah, i'm fine." bruce was not convinced but he left her be.

closing the door as he left, selina sighed, pulled off her nightgown, and pulled on a tank top and a pair of gym shorts. she knew in her heart she wasn't a fat person but the remarks at the charity ball two weeks earlier had left her hurt, embarassed, and angry, and so now she spent an hour of each morning in the weight room where bruce and dick had trained. the exercise had done her good as she found herself no longer needing the stretches that had been a staple of her morning routine to get going.

as selina exercised, the door to the weight room opened. dick peered in. seeing a sweaty woman in a tight short top and tight short shorts stretching kicked his lady's man instinct into overdrive. he silently snuck into the room....making it only a few feet before his foot hit a weight. the noise startled selina who spun, kicking dick in the mouth. "oh sh*t!" he exclaimed as he fell backwards into some of his own equipment, knocking it all over. "i'm sorry!" selina exclaimed. "are you alright?" dick began to answer as he tried to pull himself up, but then his eyes fell upon her. he allowed himself to enjoy the view. "ugh," selina said, disgusted, rolling her eyes. "get out of here, i'm busy."

"hey, new girl, you don't tell me what to do in my own house," dick sternly stated, climbing back to his feet. "it's bruce's house, little boy," selina retorted. "well he don't tell me what to do either." dick eased up to her. "you're pretty hot," he said. "thank you," she replied, annoyed. "y'know," dick continued, as suavely as selina had seen a man as youthful as him, "if you're not doing anything tonight -" "i am," she interrupted. "well how about this weekend?" "busy." "next week? "taken." "how about new years?" "if you'll leave right now and not bother me again, its a date." "you got it, babes," dick said with a wink. selina faked a smile, then gagged as dick limped out.

"what a punk!"

by the way, boys, i have a little treat for you. if you start reading and commenting on my story, i'll have more of notrodamus schreck! i'll even have him be living and have an appearance and a speaking role! ;)

Great writing Catwoman.  You've obviously put a lot of thought into it.  Although I'm still surprised that Dick Grayson is such a jerk in this...

Can we have some more of the supporting characters soon?  Also, is Batman (or even Catwoman) going to make an appearance in costume and kick some bad guys' butts?   :)

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.