Casting sequels for the current franchise

Started by johnnygobbs, Sat, 4 Apr 2009, 12:06

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 10 May 2009, 14:39 #20 Last Edit: Sun, 10 May 2009, 14:48 by Dark Knight Detective
I choose Ian McDiarmid to portray Alfred (I'm sure he could make a great English accent).

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Sun, 10 May  2009, 14:39
I choose Ian McDiarmid to portray Alfred (I'm sure he could make a great English accent).

It helps that he is English.  ;)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sun, 10 May  2009, 18:38

Actually, he's Scottish.  ;)

Hey guys, what you think about Joseph Gordon Lewitt as The Joker for B3? He looks so much like Ledger!
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Sun, 10 May  2009, 18:38

Ok.  You got me there. :-[

I suppose I was being smug since I'm used to watching him play English characters in most films I've seen him in.  Even Senator Palpatine/The Emperor had a semi-English sounding accent.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 12 May  2009, 03:52
Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Sun, 10 May  2009, 18:38

Ok.  You got me there. :-[

I suppose I was being smug since I'm used to watching him play English characters in most films I've seen him in.  Even Senator Palpatine/The Emperor had a semi-English sounding accent.

Had to say this:

"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!"

Dark Knight Detective, have you seen 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrals'?  Ian McDiarmid plays a very dry English butler/valet in that film, so I'm pretty sure the role would be a piece of cake for him.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 12 May  2009, 19:50
Dark Knight Detective, have you seen 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrals'?  Ian McDiarmid plays a very dry English butler/valet in that film...

I think I might have seen this.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 12 May  2009, 19:50
...so I'm pretty sure the role would be a piece of cake for him.

Ah, I'm happy that you & I share the same thought! 8)

However, I don't think he can pass off as a good guy, not when EVERYONE has associated him with Palpatine. I'm sure he'd have the acting chops, but Michael Caine was such an excellent choice, I can't see him replaced until after Nolan's third

Quote from: silenig on Tue, 12 May  2009, 20:04
However, I don't think he can pass off as a good guy, not when EVERYONE has associated him with Palpatine. I'm sure he'd have the acting chops, but Michael Caine was such an excellent choice, I can't see him replaced until after Nolan's third

As much as I like Dark Knight's suggestion I agree that it would be pointless to replace Michael Caine since he has really made the role his own.  However, I do believe that McDiarmid could easily do a good job; he has played 'goodies' before.

Also, I like the fact that Nolan usually casts actors who typically play villains to play his heroes (think Gary Oldman and to some extent Christian Bale) and vice versa (Liam Neeson, Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart who are usually the leads).