Batman 3 Plot Details?

Started by The Dark Knight, Wed, 27 Jan 2010, 04:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Wed, 27 Jan 2010, 04:58 Last Edit: Wed, 27 Jan 2010, 05:00 by The Dark Knight
Over at this page possible Batman 3 plot details are given.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=14222

Apparently they have a basic plot outlined.

The article states:

Quote1. The plot should be outlined in time for the screenwriting to begin in February.

2. The Riddler is the primary villain and he figures out Batman's identity.

3. Arkham Asylum will figure prominently in the story.

4. Several classic villains will cameo, including the Penguin and Mr. Freeze (though as Dr. Fries, not as the supervillain).

5. Barbara Gordon will have a featured role.

6. Commissioner Gordon will mention Metropolis and possibly Lex Luthor.

7. Dick Grayson may be in the movie (though probably not as Robin).

This information is not verified, but we can still discuss our thoughts about this.

If this is legit, I'm not a fan at all of Gordon mentioning Metropolis and Lex Luthor. Especially in Nolan's world. Just don't go there.

This sounds like bunkum to me, although I could be wrong.

As to my response to the individual points assuming any of them are true:

1.  Hopefully, someone will start work on the screenplay soon.

2. The Riddler is what everyone expected and I have no issue with that, although I would like to see a female villain too to add a bit of variety (i.e. Catwoman or Talia, or even Harley Quinn if there is someway of incorporating her now that The Joker story has been done).

3. I wonder if there will be a new Arkham following the events of the first film.

4.  I'm not sure I like the idea of overloading the film with too many cameos, although I wouldn't object to a non-Mr Freeze Dr Fries in the Nolan-universe.

5.  Hw's Barbara Gordon going to be incorporated into the film bearing in mind she was a baby in the last two films, unless the rumour is referring to Gordon's wife having a bigger role in the next film, or Barbara Gordon  was absent from the last film because she's been away at college, or is the Commissioner's niece or something...

6.  The filmmakers shouldn't make any reference to the Superman mythology, not in Nolan's real world anyway.

7. I though Nolan categorically stated no Robin, so I don't see what possible purpose Dick Grayson could serve in these films.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I think about half of those outline can work, especially like featuring Arkham Asylum. The script will have to top notch to pull off a great third movie.

They all look to be a "fan-boys" wishlist not Nolan's.

yea maybe but if it was a fan boy's list wouldn't they have had something explicitly saying that angelina jolie plays catwoman? lol.

didnt gary oldman say something like "we won't need the joker when we have the riddler?" when they were talking about heath ledger being dead? it was right after tdk came out.

i like the riddler so that could be fun. i look great in green too so maybe i'll audition for one of his sexy henchgirls. 

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 27 Jan  2010, 14:41
i like the riddler so that could be fun. i look great in green too so maybe i'll audition for one of his sexy henchgirls. 

I shouldn't think Query and Echo would feature in a Nolan-directed Batman film, especially not in their trade-mark fish-net tights and green outfits...shame.   :-\
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

This DOES seem a bit fanboy-ish.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Yeah, this looks as authentic as the "poster" artwork.