Heath Ledger is DEAD

Started by Gotham Knight, Tue, 22 Jan 2008, 22:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Yep, we just started printing tomorrows papers and it's on the front page.

Shocked.

That is quite shocking!
Especially considering he finished his work for TDK and probably won't get to see it finished and with an audience.

It's also quite bizarre that his Joker bares visual similarities with The Crow's Brandon Lee- who died on set while shooting said movie.

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Ive been watching CNN on this. Its really tragic, very sad. Im very excited to see his portrayal of Joker, its going to be a shame not to be able to see him resume the role again. I feel bad for his family and friends, but when things like this happen, we will never truly know what was going on with the individual.

R.I.P. Heath Ledger. I'm looking forward to seeing him as the Joker. I've seen the Dark Knight trailer. And Heath looks totally nasty as the Joker. He's got the voice, the laugh. Heath just has a presence in that trailer.

Such a shame. Heath undoubtedly was of the finest actor's of his generation.

And I can only imagine all of the great performances we would have seen from Ledger thru the years.

Upon the announcement that Ledger was cast as The Joker in TDK, I quickly sought out films starring Ledger, and I must say that I would highly recommend anyone to check out Brokeback Mountain.

His performance in that film was nothing short of mesmerizing.

Rest in Peace.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I really want to watch Brokeback Mountain, but something inside me won't let me.  Immature I know - cause I know it would be good since I am an Ang Lee fan.

Quote from: raleagh on Tue, 29 Apr  2008, 10:21
I really want to watch Brokeback Mountain, but something inside me won't let me.  Immature I know - cause I know it would be good since I am an Ang Lee fan.

I admit, I made jokes about the film like everyone else too. But I do highly recommend it, raleagh. If just for Heath Ledger's performance if anything else. It is indeed awesome. And I can easily see why Nolan chose to go after an actor like Ledger following that movie.  8)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I am feeling the loss of his death even more after seeing the film. Such a waste, his career would have exploded after this. Seeing him on screen didn't make me cry or sad, it made me smile. Where ever you are Heath, you did an amazing job, and thank you for doing so. You made all the Batman fans very happy. This will go down as one of THE great performances, and the benchmark for The Joker on film. It is a deep shame he will never reprise this role.