Recent posts

The Batman (2022) / Re: The Penguin (2024)
Last post by The Joker - Yesterday at 23:44

Yeah .... hope he's alright. Hadn't noticed it's been awhile since SN has posted, but I sent a PM to him Sunday night. Still no response.
Last post by The Dark Knight - Tue, 30 Apr 2024, 05:40
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 30 Apr  2024, 00:28
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 22 Mar  2024, 19:11
So, it's been a while since SN popped up. Am I the only one who noticed that?
I've noticed too. Hope all is well. I'd like to hear his thoughts on a variety of things, namely the upcoming B89 novel. He pitched a project like that so I'm sure it'd be right up his alley.
Last post by thecolorsblend - Tue, 30 Apr 2024, 00:28
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 22 Mar  2024, 19:11
So, it's been a while since SN popped up. Am I the only one who noticed that?
Current Runs / Re: Batman '89 (2021)
Last post by GBglide - Mon, 29 Apr 2024, 23:51
Well, I watched Inherent Vice, I'm convinced that Marting Short can go dark.

Thanks for the reference. Weird movie, though.
Other comics / Re: Wonder Woman (DC Comics)
Last post by thecolorsblend - Mon, 29 Apr 2024, 02:16
I luvz me some Adam Hughes. Guy's a legend. I have no idea how he makes a living tho since it doesn't look like he does full interiors very often and I can't imagine that covers and pinups pay very much.

But I've always been fond of this one:

I always found it telling that you can identify each character even tho they're dressed fairly identically to each other. Zatanna, Babs and Wonder Woman are easy but the others could've (and should've?) been very hard to distinguish from each other. But somehow, they're not.

And here are some scans from Wizard #45, May 1995. A fairly lengthy interview with Hughes.

Other comics / Re: Wonder Woman (DC Comics)
Last post by The Joker - Mon, 29 Apr 2024, 01:39
Wonder Woman #600 variant cover by Adam Hughes from back in 2010. Featuring Hughes' rendition of Sensation Comics #1.

Back when I was still buying comics, pre-ordering was very untypical of me. However, WW #600 was a special case. I picked up the main George Perez cover, along with the Don Kramer 2nd printing cover (featuring the short lived black leather jacket/black pants look), but the Hughes cover was the one I really wanted. I can't remember what I paid for it, but my OCD for particular variant covers was probably at a all time high back then. Now, it's pretty much non existent.
Current Runs / Re: Batman Resurrections (Batm...
Last post by The Joker - Mon, 29 Apr 2024, 01:13

I find it amusing that the first mention of Harley that I can ever recall seeing is so lowkey. "Also, the Joker will have a girlfriend called Harley Quinn". From such humble beginnings, she became a real force in the Batman mythos.
Joker (2019) / Re: Joker (2019)
Last post by The Joker - Sun, 28 Apr 2024, 00:10

More than happy with Phoenix, but given the recent news about Leo as Lex Luthor, I felt like this was worth posting.

Other DC Films & TV / Re: Wonder Woman (2017)
Last post by The Joker - Sat, 27 Apr 2024, 06:48

Interesting to read more about Zack's proposed WW1854.

Honestly, as intriguing as the concept reads, i don't think I would have traded it for what we ended up with with WW2017. As WW2017 was more or less true to what William Moulton Marston depicted with her origin, ect only trading the WW2 setting for WW1.

Having her in Crimea, globetrotting across the globe in search of Ares, taking on multiple lovers, eventually leading to Steve Trevor, ect could be a interesting story. Personally, I would eliminate the subplots of Diana having multiple lovers, with them ageing later having insecurities, ect. I think Zack would be getting dangerously close to "Pearl Harbor" love triangle territory with that stuff in a Wonder Woman movie.