Batman Forever Deleted Scenes.

Started by Sandman, Sat, 20 Jun 2009, 10:16

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah, but it's obvious that his attitude was always like "They are CARTOONS, they are "Comic" books, not "Tragic" books etc." Some have said it long ago, it's not only that WB wanted the franchise lightened up, but that the director himself didn't "have it". Burton, Nolan, Del Toro, Raimi, Singer, apart from their talent, had genuine love and/or respect towards the material. Schumacher always felt that this comic book world was beneath him, which is not something wrong of course, it's wrong only if a guy with such an opinion undertakes a film of the genre, making a big budget joke out of it.

Quote from: Matuatay on Wed, 24 Jun  2009, 03:59
Any idea where I could find the alternate ending that shows Batman and Robin on the rooftops?  The only other ending I can find has them running in front of the bat signal and then cuts to Chase and Alfred talking in the car.   :-[

The DVD does not include a scene of Batman and Robin on the rooftops. Perhaps it was shot but it was not made available on the film's most recent release. Perhaps the OP is thinking of a commercial made for the Batman Forever video game in which two stuntmen play B & R on a rooftop.

There was a scene shot with green screen which was the same as the comic adaption (on a gargoyle) - a shot of it can be seen on the back pages of the making of book.

the video game commercial had the 2 stuntment on a building ledge.

Quote from: ral on Mon, 10 Aug  2009, 10:14
There was a scene shot with green screen which was the same as the comic adaption (on a gargoyle) - a shot of it can be seen on the back pages of the making of book.

That's true, as I remember seeing a picture of this shot in the official souvenir magazine of B&R. Which essentially reminded me of the souvenir magazine of Batman Forever with pics of scenes not-seen in the movie as well.  :o

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: silenig on Wed, 24 Jun  2009, 19:25
Yeah, but it's obvious that his attitude was always like "They are CARTOONS, they are "Comic" books, not "Tragic" books etc." Some have said it long ago, it's not only that WB wanted the franchise lightened up, but that the director himself didn't "have it". Burton, Nolan, Del Toro, Raimi, Singer, apart from their talent, had genuine love and/or respect towards the material. Schumacher always felt that this comic book world was beneath him, which is not something wrong of course, it's wrong only if a guy with such an opinion undertakes a film of the genre, making a big budget joke out of it.

You can just tell from his (talking about Schumacher here) comments found on the Batman and Robin SE DVD that he and WB definately saw eye-to-eye in where they wanted to see the Batman film franchise go following Burton being gently turned down on doing a third. Initially, they proved successful ... but not enough for many to want seconds. And for good reason.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: ral on Mon, 10 Aug  2009, 10:14

the video game commercial had the 2 stuntment on a building ledge.
I wish that was actually used.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.