Wonder Woman (2017)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 25 Nov 2015, 16:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Catwoman on Wed,  1 Mar  2017, 13:18
And where has that scene been "universally savaged?" You're literally the first person I've seen bring it up. Sounds more like "I'm a f***ing moron who doesn't know how to think for himself but someone said it on IMDb so I'll go with it. Whatever will I do now that I don't have them to tell me what to think? Maybe a celebrity will. Ah, saved."
I don't listen to celebrities.  I despise their self-important rhetoric, irrespective of whether they share the same views of me or not.  Just because they're rich and famous, it doesn't make their opinions more important than that of regular folk.

Still, I've see the scene in question savaged and mocked on various forums and in various professional reviews.  And the fact is, people sitting around computer screens typing emails is visually unappealing and far too prosaic for what is meant to be a big fantastical comic-book movie.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I had no problem at all with that scene.  It was just a nice little preview of what's to come in Justice League.  I don't see how it's worse than the post-credit scene in Iron Man (tbh I found that scene stupid).

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed,  1 Mar  2017, 14:01
I don't listen to celebrities.  I despise their self-important rhetoric, irrespective of whether they share the same views of me or not.  Just because they're rich and famous, it doesn't make their opinions more important than that of regular folk.

Bullsh*t, who was the one telling us we should all listen to Danny Devito and Michael Keaton when they were making comments about the election/candidates here in the states?

Spoiler: It was you, asshole.

Fri, 3 Mar 2017, 12:30 #123 Last Edit: Fri, 3 Mar 2017, 12:33 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: OutRiddled on Fri,  3 Mar  2017, 04:41
I had no problem at all with that scene.  It was just a nice little preview of what's to come in Justice League.  I don't see how it's worse than the post-credit scene in Iron Man (tbh I found that scene stupid).
Agree with you there, OutRiddled. The footage itself is what counts to me. We see Aquaman swimming around, Barry Allen stopping a crime using super speed and the creation of Cyborg. That's substantial. I also like that it brings Lex into the story - he has been researching these people as well. Film is about being economical and getting a lot across in a short space of time, so it works for me as well.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  1 Mar  2017, 00:34
If you don't want any possible spoilers, look away.

There's a rumor that:

Wonder Woman apparently starts in the present day with Bruce Wayne emailing Diana Prince when she's in Paris. He is trying to get her help in recruiting a group of meta-humans to form the Justice League. She then decides to tell him the story of the first time she came across mankind in 1918, when the rest of the film is set. By the end of the film, she agrees to join him.

Last year, a Wonder Woman set photo alluding to Batman's cameo in the film, appeared on Twitter. The picture showed Gadot standing next to a Wayne Enterprises bank truck during a scene in Paris.

I suspected this could happen. Hopefully something like this eventuates.

*Spoilery response*

If this is the case, I can swing with it. It really depends on who writes Wonder Woman, as alot of writers tend to want to retcon her continuity, or practically 'start over' once they have the reigns, but in a pretty good number of comics, I would personally have a difficult time seeing Diana completely sitting out something as horrible as WW2. Especially if she was at all aware of the atrocities of something like the Holocaust. I understand that the primary reason the DCEU Wonder Woman has long since disappeared in the world was because of the horrors and love lost during WW1, and if we're going to go with that narrative, then I can see Diana still remaining halfheartedly reluctant in fully embracing her role as Wonder Woman again. It shouldn't take alot of convincing from Batfleck, and I doubt it will, but Wondy explaining why she chose to walk away from mankind, which was just alluded to in BvS and not elaborated upon much, works enough for me.

IN OTHER WONDER WOMAN NEWS:

Looks like Wonder Woman's Animated 2009 DTV movie is getting a R rated cut this year....

http://screenrant.com/r-rated-wonder-woman-animated/

Not sure what this can really add to that animated movie, which I thought was fine, but ok. Would be nice if WB loads this up with a feature length documentary going over the history of Wonder Woman in DC Comics, with interviews with any and all comic creators who have worked on her book. Kinda like what the original 2-disc theatrical cut of 2003's Daredevil had, which featured an extra that interviews Writers/Artists who worked on Daredevil thru the years, or the feature length doc on Fantastic Four comics from the 2007 SE of Tim Story's FF. That and the Jack Kirby Doc was pretty much the only best things about that SE anyways.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I didn't forget the 2009 animated movie, which I think is the best WW movie so far.  The upcoming movie is actually the third WW movie, if you count the tv pilot for the 70s show as well.  I won't count the Kathy Lee Crosby version, as that has little to do with the character.

I think the new movie will be good, but I'm a DCEU fan and I liked BvS and SS.

Final trailer is here.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I have a feeling this will be one of those movies I adore and rips my heart out at the same time.

I can't wait for this!  :)

Looking forward to this for sure!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."